"No no please beta (daughter), daughters don't touch feet." They stopped me mid-way. I looked at them weirdly. The first-ever family to say that to me. So instead, I folded my hands in front of them in a greeting (Namaste). They both smiled at me warmly and asked me to sit with them. Because of the allergy, my face was on fire, my eyes were burning too but I couldn't even rub my face.

"Mrs Bansal, where did Ashish and your daughter go?" My mother asked the lady.

"Ashish and Khushi are coming. Ashish got an important call and I have sent Khushi to call him inside." The lady replied sweetly. Every time Mr and Mrs Bansal tried to talk to me, my parents would jump into the conversation and speak on my behalf.

"No, you said it. I didn't." We heard a male and female hearty laugh from behind.

"Oh really, cheeky monkey." The most gorgeous voice replied and laughed. I turned around and so did everyone else. My breath hitched in my throat and my jaw nearly dropped as I took in the sight of the man entering the room, laughing merrily.

A perfectly sculpted face, dark luscious hair, plump lips, incredibly well-defined jaw and perfect jawline accentuated the gorgeous man's features. And don't even let me start on the 6 feet tall, lean but well-built muscled body which was noticeable in his lavender shirt and cream pants. His laugh was so musical that it did something wild in my heart. The way he walked, it oozed power. His eyes were playful and held exuberance and so much passion.

The logical part of me wanted to look away from him because I knew that physical beauty did not guarantee a good heart but my heart was not in coordination with my logical side. Why was I being affected by his mere presence? I finally looked down as he caught me staring.

"I am sorry, the call went longer than I expected." He apologized in that sexy deep voice and sat down on the sofa with the beautiful girl whose features depicted that she was his sister. So beautiful!

"Akshita, this is my son Ashish and my daughter, Khushi." Mrs Bansal made the introduction. I looked up at both of them and smiled lightly without uttering a word. Nobody spoke for a few seconds before my father started the conversation with him. I was sitting silently again, Khushi was also silent. I looked at her, she was observing my hands. I looked at my hands and realised they were shaking on their own accord. It was just a nervous tremor, I quickly joined my hands in my lap and stopped their movement.

"Akshita, what are your hobbies?" Mrs Bansal asked politely.

"I like..." My mother cut me in the middle and started telling them that I liked cooking, sewing and doing other household chores. I growled from inside because obviously, these were not my hobbies. My parents were from an era that I think never existed. I kept looking down, my face felt hot. Of course, the Bansal family would be just the same as other families, they would also prefer a mute daughter-in-law than an opinionated, thoughtful one.

"In which college do you teach?" Khushi asked me hesitantly and this time too, my mother interrupted before I could say anything. I mentally face-palmed myself.

"She won't be teaching anymore.
She has served the one month notice at college. She will only be focusing on marriage and household chores now." My mother replied proudly. There was nothing to be proud of there, I was wasting my degree because of them. 

"I am sorry but can you guys let her speak for herself," Ashish said in an annoyed voice. I looked up at him shocked and everyone else looked at each other awkwardly.

"Y...yes yes." My father looked taken aback like he was just slapped in the face. I smiled from inside. Someone had just shut my father's mouth for the first time.