it was all quiet for a moment until stiles looked at marcie and a thought came to him.

he knew why marcie didn't tell him about all of this.

"lydia, you stiles and marcie need to find argent, get to the armory, rescue jackson." scott said.

"i don't think we have time to wait for him. me and marcie have gotten through those doors once, anyway. we can do it again." lydia replied.

"we can do it." marcie said.

scott looked over at marcie and she nodded. she knew the two of them could get back through the doors.

scott wanted to make sure that marcie and stiles were together since they hadn't seen each other in awhile and he thought it would put marcie's mind at ease.

"can we slow it down just for one second, make sure i'm grasping this? so, we're actually talking about doing this? we're gonna do exactly what gerard wants us to? is that right?" stiles asked.

"i think that if we stop the anuk-ite, we stop it all." scott told him.

"stopping this thing can stop gerard and the hunters?" derek asked.

"not all of them are hunters." scott said.

"he's right. most of them are regular people acting out of fear." lydia said.

"monroes not gonna change. but i think that we can reach the others. most of them, actually." scott said.

"the anuk-ite is causing them to come from a place of fear." lydia explained.

"well, fears pretty motivating. especially when it leads to anger." derek said.

"and i think that if we can take out the fear, we can take out the fight in them too. they're afraid of us, but they don't have to be. they just have to change their minds." scott explained.

"well, we have to change their minds." derek said.

"okay, we can face the anuk-ite. we can try to fight it blind. we can try to face our fears. but we still need to know how to catch it." malia said.

"yeah, we'll figure that out. we always do." scott told her.

"well, it's nice to see that somebody hasn't lost their optimism." derek said.

"not yet." scott said shaking his head.

"i haven't either." marcie said.

"i have." stiles said making marcie roll her eyes.

"we'll buy you time, scott." marcie told him.

"and who knows? maybe jackson has the answer." lydia said.

"maybe argent will come back with one." malia said.

"you two. you're with me. and we need peter. anyone who can help stop this thing or slow it down." scott said to malia and derek.

"where we headed?" malia asked.

"the high school." scott told her.