"There. Now, can I go to work?" Jongin asks, noting the blush on the other males' face.

Nodding, Kyungsoo smiles brightly. "Okay. Take care, Jongin."

"You, too. Bye!"

And Jongin leaves.

Smiling, Kyungsoo goes back to sitting on the table and begins to count again until Jongin comes home.

"One.. Two... Three..."

*

"You're lucky the Manager is away today," the cashier, Soojung, whispers to Jongin's ear as they line up for employee inspection. Jongin nods and gives the girl a shy smile, before straightening his crooked nametag on his chest

"Oh, you're the new bagger guy," Jongdae, the Assistant Manager says with a friendly smile. Jongin nods enthusiastically, and apologizes for being late at the first day of his job.

"It's alright. I hope it won't happen again next time, especially when Junmyeon is around," Jongdae reminds him with a gentle pat on the back. He's kind, Jongin decides, making him feel a slight relief after he heard about Jongdae's brother, the Manager Kim Junmyeon, who's really an uptight boss when it comes to time.

"Thank you, Sir," Jongin mutters, bowing his head. "I will do my best in this job."

Jongdae nods. "You can start now. Soojung, can you please show him the stock room and the employee lounge? I'll have Minseok to take care of the register for you for the meantime."

"Okay, Sir," Soojung answers, before leading Jongin the way inside the grocery store.

"Hey, thank you for getting me into this job by the way," Jongin says as they pass by the junkfood stalls. "I heard this grocery store pays high. I really need a source of income now that my parents had stopped sending me money."

Soojung playfully shrugs, smiling widely. "Anything for you. Good thing I'm close with the Manager to recommend you here," she jokes. "I have connections, you know."

"That's because you're using your pretty face."

Soojung chuckles. "At least you said I'm pretty."

"Anyways, how can I make it up to you, though?" Jongin asks, picking up the piled boxes of candies on the floor. "Is lunch okay?"

"Are you asking me out?"

Jongin blinks, averting his eyes to the other direction. "Huh? No. I-I already have.. uh, someone."

"Yeah? Who?"

"Kyungsoo."

Soojung stops walking, turning her back to face Jongin. "I thought you were.....single."

"Ah, no," Jongin mumbles, shaking his head. "You know the boy I always take here with me whenever I go grocery shopping? That's him. We're going out for about, three years now and we're living together."

"Oh, right. Him," Soojung says, images of a boy always trailing behind Jongin flashing in her mind. She knows Kyungsoo by face, and she thought Jongin is just babysitting that boy as his part-time job. She should have known.

"You're dating a child."

"He's not a child, Soojung."

The cashier rolls her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. "Okay, whatever. And yeah, lunch is good."