Chapter 9 Part 2

I left them then and ended up back on that same beach with the pink trees. Now that I was no longer having to head off conflicts, negotiate compromises or maintain a sense of decorum I found myself shaking, agitated and unable to calm down.

I had died, I had felt immense pain, I had attacked out of hate and rage. That feeling of being nothing came back to me again and almost brought me to my knees. I lost myself in the life around me, I let my form dissipate and one by one I flowed into every living thing I could find, grass, leaves, sea life, insects, the bright purple furred creature that survived off one tree and one tree only we had created here, rocks, water, all of it.

That moment, however brief, of feeling nothing haunted me, and it still does to this day. I had to reassure myself that I could still feel every particle of the world around me, sense every vibration, every ebb and flow of the lines of energy that connected the entirety of existence together. I lost myself in a molecule of sand, the symmetry, the perfection, how beautiful it was. A drop of water, with all it's fluidity, kept me entranced for an endless moment of time. When I had explored every millimeter of the planet I was on I shot to the skies and danced with the stars. I worked my way through the gases and stardust, spiraled and spun around black holes and suns. The immensity and perfection of the galaxy is matched only by the lack of flaws of it's smallest part.

I heard my brothers calling to me from time to time. I sent back to them the sense that I was still alive but I was incapable of forming words or thoughts. All that mattered to me was being truly connected again, being alive. I have no real concept of how long I kept myself away from my brothers and my tasks. I went to so many places that I actually lost track of where I was. Time, location, tasks, they held little meaning for me until Raphael's emerald green ray of light appeared next to me.

“We've been looking for you,” he said. “You made it quite challenging to keep up.”

I hadn't taken a solid form often since leaving my brothers and that makes it slightly harder to pinpoint where we are.

“What is it? What do you need?” I can admit now that I was running, back then I didn't understand it. I was afraid, afraid of losing control, afraid of losing my family, afraid of the conflict that I knew was looming ahead of us all.

“Lillith's mate is completed. Lucifer would like you to be there and Lillith keeps asking if you are well.”

I said nothing. Raphael floated next to me, suspended between the stars. His colors dimmed and stilled, I watched the planet below us slowly spin on it's axis.

“Remiel, please.”

“What has happened while I have been away?”

“Lucifer has been oddly cooperative. He didn't raise any large objections to us spending time with Lillith, who, although it bothers me to admit it, is a very endearing creature. He often left after he introduced us to her. She does have an endless stream of questions and observations about the world she lives in. Lucifer himself has become very withdrawn and quiet. Every time he has left her it seems more and more painful to the both of them.”

I had feared as much. “And Elohim?”

“He's ignored us for the most part. Michael and Gabriel finally helped him on the design of her mate. He was getting more and more frustrated that he couldn't make Lillith's mate look anywhere close to her level of beauty. Raguel said we should just let him give up but Elohim prevailed on Michael. Gabriel pointed out that if a mate was not made for Lillith Lucifer may never leave that world and Elohim would be even more furious that Lillith was stolen from him.”

“Her mate? What is he like?”

“Well he is not awakened yet but he looks decent enough.”

“Did Elohim add his spark to her mate?” I hoped that my brothers had dissuaded Elohim from that path. If both off them were invested with extra energy I had no idea what type of dissonance that would cause.