the deranged make history.

Start from the beginning

Jungkook had no idea what Taehyung meant by that, but now he knew that the remaining ghost was most likely unstable if Taehyung's subtle hints were anything to go by. Jungkook shuddered at the thought. How could anybody be more insane than Seokjin?

Jungkook figured Taehyung was probably forbidden from talking about it, so the teen decided not to push for answers. He already had enough psychotic ghosts on his hands.

Jungkook was brought back from his thoughts when Yugyeom waved a hand in front of his face, “Jungkook?”

Jungkook half-heartedly smiled at the taller male, “I'm fine, just spaced out.”

Yugyeom hummed, brow furrowed in obvious concern before he leaned down to kiss Jungkook's forehead. He straightened his posture after a moment, “You're a little warm, Kook. You sure you should be out of bed?”

Jungkook nodded, "I've been cooped up in this room for long enough."

Seokjin cleared his throat, “Dinner must be getting cold.”

Jungkook and Yugyeom got the message as Seokjin began to descend down the stairs. Yugyeom moved to follow him before he was abruptly stopped as Jungkook snatched his wrist. Jungkook shifted uncomfortably, whispering under his breath. “You need to get out of here while you still can, Yugyeom.”

Yugyeom opened his mouth to respond but Jungkook walked away, not wanting Seokjin to get suspicious. They soon arrived to the dining room, quickly sitting down at the table. Seokjin left once they started eating. After a few minutes, Jungkook glanced towards the entrance, “Leave now, Yugyeom.”

Yugyeom frowned, “Why?”

Jungkook hesitated, “It isn't what it seems. I fear what Seokjin will do if you stay.”

Yugyeom stared at the boy in confusion, “I don't understand.”

Jungkook dropped his fork on the table, “He's the one that did this to me! Imagine what he'll do to you.”

“Actually, an animal did that to you. I merely watched it happen.” Seokjin reappeared behind Jungkook, causing both boys to jump in fright.

Yugyeom stood up from his chair, “We're leaving, Jungkook. I won't let you stay with this abusive bastard another second.”

Jungkook moved to go towards the slightly younger boy but was stopped as Seokjin wrapped his arms around his waist. Seokjin shook his head, “Tsk, Jungkookie is mine.”

“He's a person, he should be able to decide what he wants to do.” Yugyeom glared angrily.

Seokjin hummed, "Yeah, but I'm a ghost so I don't care.” Yugyeom's eyes widened as his lips fell open. “You really shouldn't have said anything, Jungkook. Now we have to kill him.”

Just as the eldest said this, Jimin appeared behind Yugyeom with a devious smirk, a butcher knife in hand. Yugyeom froze once he felt the tip of the knife against his back. Jungkook's heart sped up at the mention of his friend's death, adrenaline running through his veins as he clawed at Seokjin's arms. “No, don't hurt him! I'll do anything you want!”

Jimin glanced at Seokjin who glared venomously, “He says that now, but once his friend is gone he'll go back to being a brat. Kill him.”

Jimin grinned murderously, "As you wish–”

Jungkook snapped his head back, hitting against Seokjin's roughly as the ghost grunted in pain. His grip loosened and that's when Jungkook shot towards the knife on the table. He held it up towards the ghosts, hands trembling. “Don't you dare hurt him.”

Seokjin cackled while Jimin smiled in amusement, “You think you can hurt us? We're already dead, Jungkook.”

Jungkook gulped, sweat falling from his hair line as he thought of what to do. With his mind made up, he lifted the knife and pressed it to his own throat. Jimin and Seokjin stiffened, their expressions becoming serious. Seokjin moved to walk towards the human but stopped when Jungkook dug the knife against his skin and held it there, causing a small cut that began to trickle blood. “Fine, I can't hurt you, but I can hurt myself. Let him go.”

“What makes you think we care about you?” Seokjin spat out, glaring at the smaller boy.

“If you wanted me dead, you would've let the elk finish me off. Yet you didn't, so you need me for something.”

Seokjin smiled, “Our Jungkookie is so smart, Jimin. However, what makes you think you won't become a ghost when you die?”

Jungkook faltered before regaining his posture, standing tall. “I believe I will find peace, which means I'll pass on rather than being trapped as a ghost. That's exactly the reason why you haven't killed me yet— you fear I'll be gone for good.”

Seokjin scowled at the human's intelligence, “Let him go, Jimin.”

“But–”

“Now.” Seokjin glared at Jimin, holding no room for argument. The ghost complied with a frown and Yugyeom warily watched the ghosts before running towards Jungkook.

Jungkook dropped the knife just as Yugyeom threw himself at him, wrapping his arms around his shaking friend. They both had tears in their eyes as they held onto each other tightly. “I promise, I'll find a way to get you out of here. I love you, Jungkook.”

Jungkook smiled as a single tear trailed down his face, “I love you, Yugyeom.”

Yugyeom soon separated from the other teen, cautiously leaving the mansion and taking off in his car. Jungkook watched from the window with tears cascading down his face like a waterfall, knowing well that this will probably be the last time he sees Yugyeom. Hands wrapped around his thin waist once again as Seokjin shushed him, “Now you're all mine.”

1.5K words.