{ twenty seven }

As the hours passed before they march into Shallow Valley, Kady felt like she was closer than ever to lose her mind. Despite the lack of medication or drugs — giving them the proper name —, the spacekru — like she had call those who went to space 6 years ago — was together again and well, besides the fact that her enemy was still alive, she was also dating the love of Kady's life.

To make everything worse, everyone felt distant around others because 6 years is a long time. Even though 6 years was a long time, some demons never seemed to leave. Like Alie and Wells. Alie was still trying to break — all over again — Kady. 

"What do you want from me?" Kady asked in despair. She knew she was hallucinating but she didn't know how to stop without the pills.

"You're stronger than you think, Kady. You just have to join us so we can make everything great again." Alie smiled.

"You want to see me break? I'll break as long as you leave me the hell alone after that." She said to nowhere since she was absolutely alone.

"We got a deal." Alie smiled and Kady bounced her head. 

She knew that there were very low chances of Alie actually doing the deal but she had to take that opportunity.

As Wells and Jasper appeared in front of her, along with her memories, every bad thing she has done, Kady was slowly breaking into tears.

"Stop. I take it back." Kady cried, holding her head.

"No can do." Alie smiled.

Meanwhile, when everyone got tired of waiting for Kady to start a meeting, they actually did start the meeting and it went on until Miller's interruption.

"Miller." Octavia said angrily.

"I know I shouldn't interrupt but we have a situation. Kady." He said sadly and both Octavia and Bellamy stood up right away.

"Is it happening?" Abby stood up too, worried.

"What's happening?" Bellamy asked confused but worried as hell.

"I think so. She was screaming at nowhere so I'm pretty sure it is." Miller said.

"Meeting's over." Octavia announced and along with Abby, she followed Miller.

"I..." Bellamy said but then looked at Echo. "It's Kady. I have to." He said and even though Echo was pretty annoyed by that, she agreed to let him go.

When Bellamy arrived with the others to what apparently was Kady and Octavia's room, she was screaming and crying harder than she ever did.

"Go get the chains." Octavia ordered Miller and then looked at Abby. "I don't give a damn how you're going to get the pills but you have less than 2 minutes to go find her pills."

"Octavia—"

"If you refuse, I'll go get them myself, I'll burn the entire medical place down and you'll end up in the goddamn pits." Octavia said harshly to Abby who considering everything, went to get the pills.

"How can I help?" Bellamy said worried, taking his jacket off. "What's happening, O?"

"It's too complicated to explain." Octavia said and locked Kady's hands when Miller got back with the chains. 

"What we did was to survive..." Kady cried against Bellamy's shoulders, not really aware of where she was and who she was with.

"Just explain me already!" Bellamy screamed at his sister while he caressed Kady's face. "I'm here."

"Fine!" Octavia screamed back. "A time after Praimfaya we ran out of supplies and we had to survive some way so Abby suggested we would eat those who were already dead because there was still eatable pieces," Octavia said as the tears ran out of her face slowly. "Me and Kady had to put that in pratique so she decided to put me sending people to the fighting pits and she would do the job without anyone knowing."

"What?"

"She killed people that were acceptable losses so we could all live and all the blood she had on her hands before and all of this blood was slowly killing her. And with everything that she went through... And everything that happened on this six years..." Octavia said, cleaning her own tears. "There were bad moments but she always resisted Alie."

"What do you mean, bad moments?" He looked at her, with tears on his eyes. When she didn't answer him, he had his answer.

"Wells." Kady whispered low. "You're here." She smiled gently. "Take me with you."

Before Bellamy and Octavia could say anything, Abby rushed in and made Kady shallow the pills which were a lot more complicated than what you could possibly imagine. Abby also put her to sleep and like it was some faith's thing, Kady fell onto Bellamy's arms. 

She had completely broken down and Alie couldn't take anything else away from her so now... Everything was better. I mean, not everything but at least she got rid of Alie.