{ twenty eight }

Precisely 6 hours later when Kady woke up, she was already unchained but she was still locked up. 

"Go get him." Miller ordered from outside and Kady tried to stand up to see who was he referring to but she only could when Bellamy entered through the door. 

"Hey." Bellamy said softly, closing the door behind him. "You feeling better?"

"What are you doing here?" She asked low, bouncing her head. "What happened?"

"You don't remember?"

"If I did, I wouldn't be asking what happened." She grumbled a little but instead of being mad, Bellamy smiled. 

"Maybe it's a good thing you don't know what happened." 

"It's not. Trust me." Kady looked to the ceiling. "Tell me what happened."

"Well... Alie got back and she broke you completely. You said that she would leave after this time." Bellamy sat next to her.

"I actually thought that she would just leave?" Kady looked at him, watching his jaw almost fall down.

"She... She won't?"

"I really am a mess." She said confused. "You can go, I'm pretty sure you have to look out where Echo is."

"I..." Bellamy bounced his head. "I don't."

"What happened? She got tired of your exceptional humor?" Kady teased him, smiling a little.

"She, huh... She got tired that I kept asking for you to everyone during the 6 hours you were asleep." Bellamy looked at her but then he looked away. "And that I didn't hesitate on coming when Miller said you weren't okay."

"Oh."

"Oh? That's... all?"

"Oh wow." Kady said in a mumble which made Bellamy sigh. "6 years later and we're still here."

"Unable to be together but also unable to stay away from each other." Bellamy looked at her, smiling a little.

"You know that we'll never get a happy ending, right?"

"Only you believe in that nonsense."

"It's not nonsense, Bellamy. Think about it: every time we have a chance to be together, to be fine, something awful happens and we get separated." She sighed, standing up.

"That doesn't mean that the universe wants us apart from each other." 

"It doesn't mean that it wants us together either." She looked at him, helping him get up.

Before — luckily — Bellamy could answer, the door opened and Octavia busted in. She hugged Kady tightly and Bellamy could swear he could hear Octavia crying against Kady's shoulder. 

After a long conversation about how Kady was important to Octavia and their people, Kady finally gave the order and everyone started to pack and get ready to march into Shallow Valley. Echo and the defectors would go first so they could cover the area in Shallow Valley and so they could see how their camp was.

Not everyone wanted to go to war, Kady and Octavia knew that but if that was the only way. But it turned out it wasn't.

"Octavia." Indra called while they were already marching. "Radio."

"Who's this?" Octavia asked on the radio.

"Nice to hear your voice again, Octavia. This is Colonel Diyoza and we want to offer you and Kady a deal." Diyoza spoke and the girls exchanged a quick look.

"What deal?" Kady asked and stopped walking so she could take a goddamn breath.

"If you surrender. Both or any of you, we can share the valley. No one will die."

"Why do it if only one of us surrenders?" Octavia asked curiously.

"This isn't about who kills who, Octavia. This is about power." Diyoza replied and Kady sighed.

"Power is a bitch." Kady mumbled.

"But so are so there's no goddamn deal." Octavia replied and turned off the radio.

Kady wanted a better. She wanted everyone to have a chance to live peacefully at the Valley, including her so when the time for everyone to rest came, she had already her mind in order.

She was going to surrender in order to save everyone. If this was about power like Diyoza said, with one of the leaders by her side, she could have the power she wanted and everyone would get a place to be happy.

Kady stood at a tent alone but before she went to rest, she sat by the bonfire and she wrote 3 letters. One to Octavia, one to Bellamy and one to Abby. She wrote, wrote and wrote. In case anything would go wrong, they could know what she needed to tell them.

Before walking inside her tent, she walked around looking for Bellamy's and she walked over it. 

"You up?" She asked low in case he was asleep but when he opened the tent she realized he wasn't.

"You okay? Need anything?" He asked worriedly.

She didn't answer him. She pressed their lips on one last kiss before they would either die or go to war. His hand moved on the back of her neck so he would pull her closer but knowing that she would have to leave soon, she pressed him away softly.

"Goodnight, Bellamy." She smiled a little and he nodded, grinning softly.

"Goodnight, Kady Foster."