Even with my busted shoulder, I would beat a bitch up before they could take something that was mine.

HISSSS

I gasped as a huge ass snake shot out from the trees. It's jaws unhinged and it made a movement to snap me inside of its mouth, but I dived to the side before it could get ahold of me.

"Fuck!" I cried out in pain as I slid to the ground on my left shoulder while attempting to dodge it. But I didn't give myself any time to recuperate and quickly got to my feet, opposite hand moving to rub my swollen injury.

The snake's head slammed into the trunk of the tree and left the massive reptile dazed. It wobbled, dizzy and confused at what had happened.

I attempted to reach up with my left hand to grab ahold of my tanto, but I only cried out as pain shot through my arm. I grit my teeth and glared daggers in the direction of the snake.

Wasn't this just dandy? I forgot my left side was a little preoccupied.... so now I have to try and use my blade with my right hand. I regretted not training both of my hands equally. If I was ambidextrous, it sure would solve a lot of problems I'm having right now.

But I was totally going to disregard the fact my old man advised me to train both hands instead of just my left. Once he caught wind of the injury to my left side (not to mention what had happened so far in the forest of death) I was sure to never hear the end of it.

"Shit!" I shunshined to the branch above, just narrowly missing another one of the snakes attacks. I could tell it was only becoming more irritated each time it missed and hit itself in process.

I leaned against the tree, huffing. My hand moved up to put pressure on my shoulder, the pain subsiding for a moment at the action. Dark hair stuck to my forehead and dangled over my eyes from the amount of sweat my hairline was producing. I probably looked like a psychotic bitch, scratches, dirt, and dried blood covering my face and body.

At any other time I would have taken the time to think about just how gross that's was, but I was too busy avoiding becoming this bigass snakes lunch.

I grunted and moved to another branch to avoid the third attack. If the snake hadn't been pissed off before, it sure was now, a strange gargled growl coming from its throat as it slowly turned to face me.

"Look, I'm not too keen on becoming your next meal." I grunted again and tore at the material on my jacket. I wrapped the yellow fabric around my shoulder and tied a knot, pulling it tight with the help of my teeth.

"Alright, fucker, now that I'm done being a little bitch, I'm gonna do what I would have done already if it hadn't been for that fucking squirrel." I pulled my tanto out of its sheath with the use of my right hand, before passing it to my left. I grinned at the familiarity of the weapon.

I would never get sick of the adrenaline I felt before putting a blade to good use.

HISSS

The snake slithered toward me, head inching its way up in preparation to make its fourth attempt of catching me.

My grin only increased in size as it got closer.

"Just a little bit more...."

It moved a few more feet, and that's when I took the opportunity to leap from the branch, propelling myself toward the creepily large reptile.