»Ha! I knew the rumors about you two were true!« ChōChō smirked as she crossed her arms over her chest. »And Inojin thought I was crazy for believing them.«

»How should I know that the two of them would finally decide to start dating?! I mean they had a thing for each other ever since they first met.« Inojin defended himself.

»Don't you guys have something better to do than talk about my love life? It's starting to get really old.« Shikadai said without taking his eyes off from Asuka.

For a matter of fact; Shikadai did know that literally everyone from his friend group were thinking that he and Asuka secretly liked each other for ages but were too shy to admit it. None from his friends believed him when he told them that he only saw her as a good friend.

At least that's what he had been trying to tell himself the last couple of years.

»I have been waiting for you two to get together for years now. Let me enjoy this moment.« ChōChō demanded. »Didn't you say that dating someone like Asuka-chan was way too troublesome?«

»I did but .... I realized that she's worth the trouble.«

I mean Asuka wouldn't be the worst choice for me to start dating ... Wait. What the hell am I thinking?!

He decided to throw that thought out of his head before he walked over to Asuka's table. He could tell that she hasn't noticed him yet since she was too busy talking to Iwabe to pay any attention to her surroundings. Shikadai slowly put his hand on her bare shoulder, feeling her soft skin on his fingers.

The second their eyes met Shikadai's heart skipped a beat. How did he only noticed now what an effect her eyes had on him? It was starting to freak him out a little.

»Shikadai? What are you doing here? I thought you had a training session with ChōChō and Inojin.« Asuka asked surprised, not really expecting to see him so soon.

»We had to cut our training because ChōChō wanted to get something to eat.« Shikadai pointed with his head towards his two friends who were now walking over to their table.

»Didn't you tell me that you're going to be stuck in meetings the whole day?«

»Denki's dad canceled the meeting last minute and since I didn't want to interrupt your training session I asked Iwabe if he wanted to hang out with me.« The young woman explained as she gave him a small smile.

That's still no excuse for you to ask Iwabe out! I'm suppose to be your boyfriend!

»Next time something like this happens you should call me. I'm suppose to escort you around the village so nothing happens to you.«

»Aw! You're really cute when you get overprotected. It's a real turn on.« Asuka smirked, giving the dark haired boy a quick wink.

»Gross Asuka-chan! Keep it in your pants. I really don't want to see you droll all over Shikadai.« ChōChō complained as she took a seat right next to Iwabe.

»Huh? Why should she droll all over Shikadai?« Iwabe asked, obviously not knowing what was going on between the two young adults.

»Didn't you know? Shikadai and Asuka finally decided to release the sexual tension between them and now they're together.« Inojin explained while he took a quick look at the menu.

Iwabe's eyes widen in shock as he looked between the new couple who were sitting across from him, sharing a menu while Asuka had put her head on Shikadai's shoulder.

»Oh my god; Boruto was right?! You two are really a couple?!«

Shikadai looked up from the menu so he could answer Iwabe's question. »We have been for a while but we decided to keep it a secret till we both felt comfortable enough sharing the news with everyone.«