"You're loco. No, I was thinking." I answered.

   "About Zane? Or Declan?" He sat next to me.

   "Neither. About Kyle."

   "Slow down! I know about you and Declan making out. I'm his best friend, how could I not know. I also know you still have the hots for Zane. Adding poor little Kyle to the list too? If I wasn't your cousin and taken by your best friend, I'd be worried." He teases me. Asshole.

   "Not like that carbon. Kyle's a friend-"

   "So was Declan." Dmitri cut in.

   "Just a friend," I continued, "I'd never go for Kyle. He's more of a big brother to me than Peter."

   "Mhmm." Dmitri looked distracted.

   "Mel, come on! What are you waiting for? The waters right there." Ali tugged on my arm.

   "Then let's go." I smiled and went to the deep end.

   "We never did time you." Ester said.

   "Ali, Kyle compete with me. Whoever holds their breath the longest wins." I say, knowing they can't resist. Completion appeals to us.

   "You're on." Kyle grinned.

   "I'm in. what does the winner get?" Aliyah asked.

   "Winner gets to kiss me." Kyle smiles.

   "You want us to lose." I laughed.

   Aliyah joined me, "Kyle's kissing a mirror."

   "I always bump my nose." He played along.

   "In that case winner goes on a date with me." Zane came in between me and Kyle. In trucks. Shirtless.

   Hey, that's a pretty tile, and Ali has a fabulous pedicure.

   Jordan pushed his way to the middle of our circle. "Boys, take a cold shower. I don't like these prizes. Why not money or slavery for a day?"

   "Jordan, butt out." Ester said.

   "These are the terms; no gear, only come up if you're dying, no one can intervene. And winner must collect their prize, no complains." Dmitri said, "Melody, Aliyah, Kyle are you in agreement with these terms?"

   "Bring it." I said excitedly.

   "This will be fun." Aliyah smiled.

   "Oh boy! I do hope I win, I want that date with Zane, now he's a man." Kyle gave Zane a flirtatious wave.

   "Great. Let's get this show on the road." Dmitri said.

   "Get to the edge." Jordan said and we listened.

   Zane pulled me to his bare chest, leaned and whispered in my ear, "Win, Kyle wants that date a little too much."

   "Break it up." Jordan pushed us apart.

   "Go on three. One. Two. Three!"

   We dived smoothly into the water. When I reached the bottom I sat down and we formed a triangle.

   I tilted my head slightly and studied them. I was vibrantly aware of them; I could literally feel them with me. It's been like this before, but never as strong. With them so close and the water encasing us I could feel energy singing in my veins. Can they feel this too? The I'm-untouchable feeling came back full force. Lord, I am channeling my bipolar side big time.

   I lay down and they copied the action.

   Why are you holding your breath? Zayden asked.

   I'm under water estupido. I said.

   Inhale.

   I can't loco! I'll choke! I replied.

   Listen to me little wave. I would never harm you, it is impossible. Inhale.

   I pause. Should I listen to the male voice in my head? Zayden did help me save Marie. Though logic was against following Zayden's orders, my gut told me another story.

   I nodded to myself, mentally preparing for what I'm about to do. I open my mouth and take a deep breath.

   My eyes snap close, waiting for the sting that accompanies the inhalation of water. Strangely it was absent. I open one eye. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale.

   Holy crap! I'm breathing under water and not dying!

   Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

   This is really fun. Can this count as cheating? Doubtful.

   How can I do this? I ask Zayden.

   I want to tell you little wave, I do, but it is not my place. You will understand soon enough.

   But I-

   Patience. You will understand soon enough.

   I roll my eyes. I got my own personal Yoda. He's gonna be a riot.

   You are very strange.

   Says a voice in my head.

*

   This got really boring. It feels like hours had past and I'm actually beginning to feel tired. The excitement of discovering my freaky ability to breathe under water has long since vanished. I've been trying not to do it so Kyle or Aliyah will catch me, but it's somewhat entertaining. And the girl who finds breathing fun is always the life of the party (breathing- underwater).

   I began making air bubbles by exhaling through my nose heavily. I hadn't noticed I'd gotten careless till when I heard a gasp. I can hear underwater too? Damn I'm hardcore. Aqua man ain't got nothing on this.

   Then I snapped, I'd heard a gasp. Underwater. That didn't come from me. Gasping underwater equals choking, but there wasn't any choking.

   I look at Ali, her wide brown eyes were staring at me while she clenched her throat- she had made the sound.

   She breathes under water too?

   Watch.

   I did. Aliyah appeared horrified. I gave her a small nod and mouthed "Breathe."

   She shook her head vigorously.

   I gave her a large show of breathing heavier than normal, making sure she could hear.

   Want to scare her? Zayden laughed.

   Why not?

   Talk.

   I didn't hesitate. "Breathe."

   Aliyah took a sharp intake of breath, realized what she'd done and screamed. Making me laugh, she bolted to the surface and pulled herself out.

   Kyle, who'd been watching silently, gave me a questioning look. I smiled. He made a heavy sigh then inhaled.

   Grinning he said, "How awesome are we?"

   I laugh, "She flipped. Let's talk to her."

   Me and Kyle smiled at each other and swam up.