Superman!

*** As always unedited!

You ever been in one of those moments where things were so awkward you really didn't know what to say. Well, I hadn't, at least not until that moment. I didn't know what to say to Annika or Maddy.  Maddy was holding Titus and he and Annika were talking so casually. They were laughing and having pleasant conversation and I was just standing there like a bump on a log.

It wasn't like I could show my interest towards Maddy. That would only make things even more awkward and very inappropriate considering everyone one's situation.I just sat and watched as Maddy and Annika talk. If you didn't know any better you would have thought that they were still a couple. They seemed to get a long so well, it didn't really  make sense why they split.

As they talked I considered heading back towards the cabins, not just to get away from this situation but because I wasn't so comfortable after putting my clothes back on over my wet under garmets.

I pulled the ponytail out of my hair and leaned to the side and rang out my hair before pulling it back into a high pony probably making me look like a hot mess. But come to think of it, I might actually look better than I did when I was sweating like crazy.

I considered taking off but that wasn't going to happen because at that moment Annika turned to me and decided to speak to me, which kind of surprised me. 

"So how do you know Maddy?"

I wasn't really sure what to start, or even what to say, so naturally I said. " Its a long a story. I just met Maddy a few days ago through Rainey.  Rainey is the father of my daughter."

After those words left my mouth, she looked more shocked than Rainey did whenever I told him that he was a father.  I mean what was the big deal. People have kids all the time. Why was it such a big deal for Rainey.

"Wow, that is insane. I never thought that Rainey would be a dad. He always said he never wanted kids."

I was really taken back by what she said, and it really cut deep. Rainey never wanted kids. I would have never known that by the way he has been acting with July. Was this going to be a short lived interest since he never had any intentions to have children and July was just a slip up. It really kind of made me mad what she said. Not that it was her fault that Rainey didn't want kids. She seemed as though it didn't phase here to say something that could potentially be hurtful to me, as well as July.  Thank goodness July was no where around to hear her say that.

I just nodded my head and glanced over Maddy who apparently didn't like what Annika said either and he was quick to speak up.

"I'm sure he'd never say that now that he knows about July."

I was glad when Titus piped in. "Daddy, can we play SUPERMAN!?"

Maddy chuckled and his eyes lit up as he looked at Titus. " Maybe in a bit buddy, we've got to you all settled in first." Maddy put Titus down, and told him to go play on the swings. Titus jumped up and down and kept saying. "But I wanna play SUPERMAN!!!"

Maddy got down on his level. " Buddy we will play superman later, but right now I need you to obey daddy."

Titus hugged Maddy's neck. " Yes, Daddy."

After Titus ran off Maddy turned to Annika and spoke to her.  "Can he stay in my cabin tonight?"

She smiled at him. " I was thinking maybe you could stay with us in our cabin." 

From what she said it seemed as maybe a little more going on than what Maddy had told me about them. The thought of this brought knots in my stomach.