Fear and loving in Tahoe

The rest of the day seemed to move by so slowly. The anticipation was building and it was making me have butterflies in my stomach. I didn't know why this was happening. I shouldn't be so nervous. 

Fooling around with Maddy was one thing, but actually going on a date was another. Even though we loved each other it was a whole new thing now that we were going on a date. I wasn't sure if I knew how to act on a date, especially with someone I really cared about.

I tried not to think about the date, but my family insisted on continually bringing it up. It was a big deal to them. In there mind I hadn't dated in years. I never really told them when I was seeing someone, because it was never serious enough to bring it up. 

I always wanted to keep to myself when it came to my personal life. 

"Melonie isn't it time that you at least start thinking about getting ready." 

I had to skirting around the idea of getting ready for a while, but I didn't want to seem to eager. I didn't want to come off as being desperate. 

I looked at my watch just checking to make sure the time. Three o'clock, I coudln't put it off any longer. 

" I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be." 

We headed to the bedroom of the cabin. I began looking through my clothes. Some were in the closet, some in the suitcase, and even more in the dresser drawers. I begin to figure out real quick that I did not have anything that I felt was suitable for a first date.

" What am I am going to do, I have nothing to wear."

Bell, just laughed. " Sure you do we just have to look harder. And if all else fails we will raid my suitcase." 

We searched and searched and I still coundn't find anything suited my liking. 

"Mel, I think I might have something in  my pack that I think might could work." 

"Yeah right, you are way smaller than me Bell." 

"Whatever Mel,  you are smaller than you think." 

I rolled my eyes. "You are joking right." 

"Just try it on and then I'll leave you alone about it." 

I didn't want to try it on. I didn't want to to be embarrassed when it didn't fit, but I really wanted her to leave me alone about it. So I tried to squeeze myself into the dress that I knew for sure was too small. 

I watched her smile and I pulled it over my hips, which was a miracle. 

"If you get it zipped it will be a miracle." I was baffled when it zipped right up. 

I looked at her. "There is no way that we wear the same size." 

She laughed a little. "Well, to be honest, I brought it just to you." 

I turned my head and squinted my eyes. " Why?" 

She gave me a devious smile then grinned from ear to ear. 

" I had a feeling that you might be needing it." 

" You knew I'd be going on a date with Maddy." 

" I kind of felt like you would, the way you talked about him."

I just shook my head. I wasn't aware that my feelings were so apparent. I told Bell about Maddy, but I didn't know that it came across as me being so into him. 

It was true though. I loved Maddy, I wasn't sure I'd ever felt this way about anyone. That fact was very sad to me. The fact that I didn't think that I'd even loved July's dad that much. Sometimes I felt like I had an excuse for the realization that we weren't as in love as I thought we were.