Do You Like to Run?

Maddy and I sat on the couch and talked for several hours before I fell asleep. I wasn't even really sure when I fell a sleep. All I know is that I woke up the next morning and I was on the couch covered up and Maddy was no where to be found. I figured he must have slipped out sometime in the night.

I barely remember the night before. I could only recall a few things at the time, which included more of the random game and lots of laughs. I hadn't laughed so hard in a long time. The laughter helped to keep July off my mind.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock and then the door opening. " Are you decent?"

That wasn't really what I expected to hear and it made me laugh. "Yeah come on in."

Maddy walked in holding two cups of coffee and what appeared to be a variety of donuts.

"Oh, coffee.. you are my savior.. I haven't had a chance to drag out the coffee pot and buy some coffee beans."

"Wow, your savior huh. Maybe I should take advantage of that title."

He handed me my cup of coffee. " That only lasted until the cup was transferred into my hand. Your title has been relinquished."

He just shook his head. "I snuck out this morning and went to the bakery in town, I thought you might like, plus I was starving and couldn't sleep real well in that chair." He pointed to the oversize chair.

"Why did you sleep there? This couch is gigantic. You could have laid on the other end. Or went back to your own cabin, I'm a big girl. I know how to stay on my own."

"I wanted to be a gentleman and not make you feel uncomfortable. Plus I told you I was too afraid to go back."

I shrugged my shoulders. I hadn't thought of it that way but I guess he was right. What kind of girl would I be letting him sleep on the couch with me. The thought of this made me chuckle. This coming from someone whose never shared a bed with a man.

"What are you laughing about?"

"Oh nothing just thinking about what a scare-d-cat you are, and sharing a couch with you."

He wagged his eyebrows, " Oh, you were."

"Not like that goofball!"

He sat the donuts on the counter and took at seat at the bar. I continued to lay on the couch, waiting for the donuts. I waited and waited. You had to be kidding me, he was going to make me get off the couch. I looked over the back of the couch and saw that he was already chowing down on the donuts.

" Seriously you are going to make me get up."

He turned around to look at me, he had a mouth full of donuts and he just shrugged his shoulder.

I rolled my eyes and he said, " You better hurry or I'll eat them all."

That got me moving a little faster to get off the couch, to be honest I was starving. I hadn't eaten much at dinner last night because of being a little nervous about the whole situation.

Maddy was about the grab the last chocolate donut, when I snatched it away from him.

" You were really just about the eat the last chocolate donut." I sat down in the stool next to him.

He smirked at me. "Well you snooze you loose, and when it comes to donuts I wait for no one. Donuts are my favorite food of all time."

I finished the chocolate donut and started on a lemon poppy donut. " Me too"

Between Maddy and I, we ate a dozen donuts. Maddy ate most of them, he could really put away the food. I looked up at the clock, "Is it really only six a.m.?