« Oh I'm sorry did I sound rude ? I'm quite lost actually that's why... oh but I didn't even introduce myself, I'm Minho »

I looked at him for few seconds and I suddenly felt better. I might have judged him too fast.

« I'm Y/N nice to meet you. Actually I'm also lost, my friend brought me here »

I said while rubbing my neck. He chuckled and it somehow sounded so attractive, I almost melted.

——

Minho turned to be such a nice person and we laughed a lot. He didn't talk much about himself but he was really good at making stupid funny jokes and also maybe really good at dancing. Maybe it was the alcohol but I really had so much fun at that moment with him. I'd gone to take few other drinks while I noticed that Minho didn't even drink a single thing.

« You don't drink much uh ? »

His angelic face suddenly changed at the mention of alcohol, turning back to his first look, which gave me chills. His eyes went dark and it was almost like he was a different person. He went closer to me but like before, seemed to look through me, as if I was not there. I stood back, a bit surprised and tried to bring his attention back to me.

« I'm sorry did I say something wrong..? »

He walked out of his transe again and smile with the same creepy grin. I felt a shiver down my spine as he finally looked at me.

« Sorry I have a bad relationship with alcohol actually »

He saw how scared I looked and he grabbed my arm to reassure me.

« Not with me don't worry, it's my mom actually, she used to drink a lot... »

I suddenly felt deep pity for him. He must have had a tough life... I smiled for real and took his hand, leading him out, needing fresh air.

He followed me silently before we arrived outside, both of our faces hit by the warm wind. I didn't know if the alcohol was really driving me crazy but I felt either really good with him or the most uncomfortable, nothing in between. I decided to trust him more, since he told me a bit about his life, which hadn't been the happiest apparently.

We sat on the grass, a bit far from everyone and the party. I looked at him and he was already looking at me.

« You really are gorgeous »

I blushed at his compliment as he took my hand in his. We both laid down and looked at the sky. We didn't know each other for too long but I felt like we almost didn't need to speak to understand each other. I started to believe that his sudden changing mood, were only due to me being totally drunk because he seemed like the nicest person on earth.

——

We laid down for some times, speaking a bit and mostly enjoying the warm night. I realized that I really didn't know anything about Minho's personal life, he only talked about futile subjects, never mentioning himself really. I was about to ask him.

But suddenly, Minho sat down. I followed him and looked at him. Again, his eyes were empty as he was staring into the void. I shook my head, trying to get the alcohol out of my system and see what was really happening. I blinked few times, only to see him still staring at nothing. I touched his arm, to make him feel my presence but he pushed me away violently. His face turned to look at me, a bit hurt by his sudden actions, and vulnerable on the ground. His eyes were still empty but this time, he started to smile again. The same emotionless smile. Something was telling me that it was not the alcohol and that right now, I really needed to run.

I tried my best to stand up quickly and to run the fastest that I could at that moment, trying to reach the mansion again, where people would be able to protect me at least, for a moment.

I could easily tell that Minho was running after me, trying to grab me from behind. My heart was about to explode at any moment and my legs about to give up. Yet, I couldn't stop or I would have to face him. However, I was drunk and tired which didn't help and Minho quickly caught me up. He grabbed my arm and laughed. I tried so hard to push him away but he was holding me so tight, I almost felt my bones crushing in his hands.

« You really are gorgeous you know »

He smirked and I wanted to throw up. I struggled but he was too strong. His eyes were suddenly discussing me and my head was spinning.

« We should play don't you think? I wanna have some fun, this party is very boring »

I looked at him seriously. I needed to find one weakness, even if it was just for few seconds, I would be able to reach the mansion and find Jisung.

« Your mom would be disappointed if she knew what you're doing  »

His eyes changed again and I could tell that the Minho I spent hours with was back for few seconds. It was my only chance. I kicked him and ran as fast as possible to the party. I didn't know why I said that but since his mom was the only thing he talked about, it was my only opportunity.

——

I ran even faster and finally arrived at the door. I quickly opened it and tried to find Jisung somewhere in all of those people. I tried to hide myself between some dancers in order to avoid Minho, who I knew was trying to find me.

Finally, I spotted Jisung dancing with some strangers. I ran to him and broke down in his arms. I knew Jisung didn't like to drink that much so I knew he was sober and that I really needed to go home. I took his hand and led him outside to the car, being cautious not to meet Minho again.

In the car, I explained everything to Jisung before he actually freaked out and started to drive, telling me that we would call the police the next morning. As we were moving away from the mansion, I looked at the rear-view mirror and that was when I saw him.

He was standing near the entrance, waving at me. That grin still plastered on his face...

 That grin still plastered on his face

***

« The devil's been calling my name, telling me drink up the pain »

James Smith

••

I feel so bad about this one ugh forgive me