Episode 23 - At Ease

Mulai dari awal

"Pigs!" He exclaimed and smiled in relief.

"V...Wha-...ugh" I force my eyes shut a the pain and scrunch my face. "What happened?"

Ignoring my question, he held the back of my head and tried to lay me down, "Don't sit up. I'll adjust the bed."

His voice sounded so serious and laced with worry that I just couldn't reply.

His eyes were red and swollen... was he crying?

V grabbed the bed's remote and lifted the backside of my bed automatically.

"V, what happened?" I asked again. The pain in my forehead now subsiding.

He sighed and placed the remote beside my bed.

Taking his time to gather his thoughts, he reached out to hold my hand.

"You were in a car accident, pigs." He squeezed my hand and dropped his head. "Right after leaving the building."

It looked like he was so depressed, he couldn't look me in the eye.

I fell silent for a few seconds after he said that.

I jog my memories and recall what I did last.

Oh right...

I was reading the script and then everything after that was a blur.

So it was a car accident.

"Oh..." I said with a distant tone.

He looked up at me. His eyes were moist but he smiled, "How are you feeling?" His comforting voice touch my heartstrings.

"Besides the splitting headache, I'm fine." I smile reassuringly.

He furrows his brows in a deep frown.

"Hey, c'mon. It's not like mamamatay ako." I joke.

"You almost did." He whispered.

I was trying to show him that I was really fine but when he said that, I froze.

Tiningnan ko siya.

He was so serious that I couldn't find the strength to joke around anymore.

At the moment, hindi pa rin nag sink in na muntik akong namatay.

I may not remember most of what happened pero naalala ko ang impact. Kung hindi dahil sa seatbelt baka six feet under na ako ngayon.

Pro tip: always wear your seatbelt.

The room was quiet for a few minutes.

V had this troubled expression in his face, as if he was thinking and blaming himself. Looking at him, I realize the weight of the situation I am in.

Ignoring the pain in my head, I reach out to V and cup his face with both my hands.

His expression did not change. However, he did stiffen up.

"V, look at me. I'm sorry I made you worry but I really am fine." I smile reassuringly. "Plus I'm alive! Yan ang pinakaimportante diba? So stop thinking about me almost dying. I'm not leaving you that easily."