"No one else can come with me and I would just die if I had to walk around daddy's party alone!" she finished, acting as if she was on the brink of death instead of in the middle of a painfully obvious first-world-crisis.

"Are you expecting me to feel bad for you?" you asked her, looking back from where you had been studying to raise an eyebrow in her direction, "You love those parties. It won't make any difference whether there's someone with you or not!"

"Seriously? Y/N, You're 17 now! You're young, wild and free! Start acting like it!" she snapped, standing up off your bed abruptly and stomping over to her walk-in closet.

"You won't convince me Ji" you huffed, flipping through the textbook on your desk, "I'm just really not interested in your fancy idol-mingling parties."

You were met with silence for about two minutes, leading you falsely think she had given up.

"Hey, do you remember  last week when I let you copy my homework for advanced calc?" Ji-ae asked innocently as she casually flipped through her rack of over-priced dresses.

"Yes?" You replied, narrowing your eyes at her.

"Well, think of this as you repaying your debt!" She chirped, leaning out of the doorway to beam at you.

"No way. Not a chance. Homework is not worth that much torture." You replied, rolling your eyes.

"Y/N, we both know if you didn't get that homework from me you would have gotten detention, and that would have seriously tarnished your oh-so-perfect record right?" She argued, seemingly studying a dress she had taken off the rack.

"Friends are supposed to do friends favors Ji-ae" you murmured under your breath, purposely not using your nickname for her out of annoyance that she was trying to blackmail you.

"Exactly! So do me this favor and come with me!" She snapped back, expertly using your own words against you.

You groaned, dropping your head onto the desk dramatically.

"Hah! So it's settled! You're coming with me!" She squealed happily, her voice raising a few octaves.

"Oh. My. God. Fine. Just this one time, got it?" You grumbled into your book before lifting your head up to look at her.

Ji-ae just waved her hand at you dismissively from behind her closet door.

"So when is this 'important' fancy party?" You continued, having been completely defeated by her relentless antics.

"We leave in an hour!" She beamed running over to stand in front of you, holding out a dress,  "And you'll be wearing this little number!"

You eyed the garment in front of you, groaning internally at it's extravagance.

It was a black sequined mini dress, so sparkly it shimmered even under the horrible dorm  lighting. The front was a deep V, and from the way Ji-ae was twirling it you could tell the back was almost all lace-up.

"People are going to literally see my whole body" you scoffed.

"Uh duh! That's the point Y/N!" She exclaimed, throwing the dress onto the desk in front of you, "Get dressed! I'll do your hair and makeup as soon as I finish my own."

1.5 hours later

You were shuffling towards the grand entrance to a high-class, painfully overpriced high rise apartment. The stilettos Ji-ae had forced onto your feet already rubbing painful blisters onto your heels.