Chapter 13 - We Are Grounders (Part Two)

Authors Note: I am still learning Trigedasleng so if the lines I've put in aren't correct, please let me know and I'll fix them :)

"Aggie," Jasper yells out as the gate slides open and the red haired teen whips her braid around as she spins to look out of the dropship entrance, "we're leaving!"

"Shit," Myles curses quietly, quickly abandoning the radio and throwing her things over her shoulders before jogging out of the dropship.

The redhead has two bags of Monty and Jasper's things slung over one shoulder with a rifle, on the other shoulder is her bow and fully stocked quiver. Bellamy waits with Jasper at the wall for the teen as the delinquents pass through the gate, weapons drawn and aimed in front of them. Myles pulls her gun up as she runs to them and slips between the two at the back of the flurry of teenagers.

The firepits smoulder, having been recently put out, a heavy sense of finality to it that the redhead wasn't expecting to tug at her heart. Deep brown eyes lock on hazel before they both take one last look at the dropship as they turn to follow Finn and another teen carrying Raven on a stretcher. Clarke had stopped just outside of the gate and watches the couple say a silent goodbye to their home with a melancholy expression. Bellamy gently guides Myles through the gate with a hand on her lower back, the touch comforting the girl as her veins jitter under her skin anxiously.

"You did good here, Bellamy," Clarke informs the man.

Disbelief flashes across his face, "18 dead."

"82 alive," Myles retorts, bumping her shoulder into his lightly. Deep brown eyes look to her, "you did good."

"You finish the message?" Jasper asks anxiously as he keeps pace with the redhead and her boyfriend.

"Yep," Myles chirps, paranoid hazel eyes landing on the Blake sister marching alongside the delinquents further up ahead as they walk through the forest. "Cyrpith on the dropship and in the tent, Reveretur Omers playing on the radio."

"What the hell," a pale Raven huffs tiredly, "is a Cyrpith and a Reveretur Omers?"

The redhead shrugs lazily, the weight on her shoulders shifting uncomfortably, "codes."

"Cyrpith is a written code," her best friend explains as he hastens his pace slightly, "the key changes randomly depending on the punctuation in the message."

"And the other one?" Finn tosses over his shoulder, brown eyes glancing at the two.

"Reveretur is reveres in Latin," Jasper informs the group, "and reveres is an anagram for reverse. Omers is an anagram for Morse."

"Reverse Morse code?" Clarke quizzes, blonde eyebrows furrowed on her beaten up face.

"Man," Raven grunts, "and I thought you three were lame before. Your codes name is a code."

Myles snorts obnoxiously, tossing an amused look to her best friend and wiggling her eyebrows. Eventually, Octavia makes it to the front of the delinquents and Jasper hurries to walk behind her. The redhead jogs after him so she can walk by her best friend and Bellamy quickly follows his girlfriend. Soft chatter flows around the crowd of delinquents, the bored teens trying to entertain themselves while maintaining their steady speed and cautiously scanning eyes.

An elbow bumps into Myles' arm lightly, "you know the first thing I'm gonna do when we get to the beach?"

"No," the red haired teen smiles kindly at Miller, "what?"

"I want to go surfing," the beanie wearing teen tells her happily, lazily gesturing with his arms.

"Quiet," Jasper chastises them softly, "keep your eyes open."