Chapter 6 - His Sister's Keeper

"Hey!" Myles calls to a couple of delinquents sitting by a fire pit to the east end of the camp, "You guys seen Octavia?"

"Not since this morning," one of the teens responds as they all shake their heads.

Panting for a minute, the panicked redhead brings her hands up to her face as she tries to think. Bellamy and Octavia had argued when she tried to follow him to the pod that morning. The man hadn't yet learned that Jaha survived, and when he told his sister that he had shot the Chancellor to come to Earth, she hadn't taken it well. Spinning on her heels and hurrying away, Myles tries to ignore the feeling of fresh blood bubbling out from her popped stitches.

"Go grab all your shit," the red-haired girl tosses over her shoulder at the teens, "Get Miller and Jones. Tell them Octavia's missing."

Myles doesn't stick around to see if they move to follow her request. Every single structure the redhead passes, she sticks her head in, yelling the dark brown haired girl's name. Bellamy is across the camp losing his mind as the redhead checks everything for the fifth time over. Flinging a tent flap open, the two girls inside shriek.

"Have you seen Octavia?"

The blonde looks at her like she's grown a second head, "No, bitch, ever heard of knocking?"

Having got her answer, Myles quickly leaves. Bellamy's desperate shouting of his sister's name can be heard from the other side of the camp, and the redhead stops for a second. Everyone here must know, or have at least heard, the two people looking for the girl. Just about at wits end, the red haired girl turns back to the tent she just left.

"I thought we told you to get lost," the other girl growled out.

"Get dressed and bring whatever weapons you have to Miller," the redhead orders, "Octavia's missing."

Bolting out of the tent again, Myles sprints to where Miller was the last time she saw him. Sighing with whatever shreds of relief the girl can muster when she sees him and running up to the teen.

"Any luck?" He asks instantly, and the redhead is already shaking her head before he can finish.

"Drag a table near the gate and dump as many weapons as you can find on it," Myles rushes out frantically, "Octavia hasn't been here since sunrise."

The redhead is already running in the direction of the Blake brother before she could say the last word but she can hear as the teen shouts an affirmative back to her. Myles reaches the dark brown haired man quickly as he continues to shout his sister's name. When she approaches, frenzied deep brown eyes immediately spot her.

"Find her?" Bellamy frets, deep worry lines on his forehead.

"I checked every tent, every hut, everything. Five times," not hearing a yes, the man hurries past her to continue his next round of checking. The redhead jumps in front of him and raises her hands to grip his arms, "No one's seen her since we left for the pod. She hasn't been in camp all day."

"She has to be here," the mans heartbroken reply almost cracks the girl in two.

"I've got Miller and Jones getting every weapon in camp," Myles informs him, "They're spreading the word. We'll find her."

"Okay," Bellamy breathes, trying to steel himself, "Get as many volunteers as you can. I'll keep searching here."

Myles doesn't answer, just spins on her heels and bolts to the gate to help the boys get a search party ready. Miller has the table with a couple weapons on it, as requested, and the redhead resolves herself to go back over everything for a sixth time. This time for volunteers for the search.