25 ; "i cant just burn a whole town down."

Start from the beginning

Now I'm fucking pregnant for fucksake and my husband doesn't even have the decency of coming home.

The pains got worse. At least, the stomach pains that is. I read a lot of instances in Yoongi's book about shadow demon pregnancies and they're nothing but easy however maybe it's only fair that I suffer alone.

I spent the mornings covered up in the sheets, hot sweat beading down my neck and nights in the bathroom trying to drown in water from cold seizures. I missed Yoongi. Dearly— I just wanted him to hold me and tell me it was gonna be alright but maybe that was my human side talking.

All I knew was I could never tell my husband. Even if my life and my child's life depended on it.

"How was work, honey?" I asked in a hoarse voice, his dark eyes racking my body up and down.

"Fine." He answered. "Have you picked up the herbs?"

"N-no. I must've forgotten." I was busy drowning in the bathtub for x amount of hours. "I'll go pick it up. Chaeyoung is still with Jimin so—"

"Jennie, what's that on your face?"

I glanced up, noticing the white that started to spread in his sockets. His skin looked hot and the pale color was starting to darken. He was keeping in pent up anger and frustration with me that it was obvious me cutting the ties was taking a toll on him.

"Nothing." I defended quickly. "I scratched myself in the bathtub this morning."

"That's self inflicted."

"It's nothing." My teeth gritted turning away from him with a strike in my stomach.

I shuddered at the cold stinging sensation before shakily walking over to the counter. I was met with a shocking set of arms to wrap around my waist before I could collapse.

And I was breaking out in sweat.

Breath haggard, Yoongi's eyes started to warp white. "Jennie, what's happening to you?"

You've read about it before you asshole, I wanted to say.

You know. You're just in denial.

"Just miss you.."

Just once. I want him to hold me. I may or may not deserve it but I needed him. Or I could fuck everything up for the both of us.

"Bedroom."

He lifted me in his calm grasp and carefully engulfed me in his arms. Everything was fuzzy. A good fuzzy, that small energy in my stomach started to churn in a drug high fashion and I was content in my husband's. I purred against his chest and let my heavy eyelids down. But not before hearing this:

"I love you.."

"I'm happy for you guys." I grumbled out a short smile, the weight and color on my face looking a bit different. "Jimin seems like a changed man."

"I'm happy too." Chaeyoung was nearly shooting up in her seat when her fiancé's name was brought up. "I'm a little surprised how easy it is for him to give up everything for me. That isn't in his definition."

"As your man or a demon?"

"A little bit of both."

We both chuckled at that and I laid my frail hand on her lap. "I'm genuinely happy for you. I'm sorry for everything that had happened. I wish I could be that best friend you used to know and—"

"Jennie, what's wrong?" She cut me off a lot like Yoongi did when he saw the fatigue written in my eyes.

She can tell.