(136) Parent's Emotions were Boundless like Heavy Rain

When Xiao Xu followed the Yu Lin soldiers into the palace, the gates of the imperial palace closed behind him.

He didn't pause, slowly following behind palace people leading him towards the imperial study.

When he arrived in front of the imperial study's door, the eunuch waiting told him that His Majesty went to the Bright Dawn Palace and hasn't returned so he asked him to wait here.

Bright Dawn Palace was younger brother Fourth Prince's palace.

His gaze swept the heavily guarded surroundings, then he lifted his foot and was about to walk away.

"Your Highness Prince Ying, where are you going?" That waiting eunuch immediately obstructed him and asked anxiously.

"This king wants to go to Bright Dawn Palace to visit Fourth younger royal brother. Why do I still need your permission?" Xiao Xu's cold eyes swept by.

That eunuch was scared until he trembled. Outside rumor said Prince Ying's gaze was extremely cold, one glance over would scare a person to death. Although the rumors spread was somewhat exaggerated, the image seemed to be true.

But his orders were to guard Prince Ying ah, if he was to run off, then how was he to explain this.

If seemed as if his thoughts were seen through, Xiao Xu's lips hooked into a cold sneer. "What? In your eyes this king had already become the assassin that did the deed? Don't forget this king's identity. As long as the final conclusion is not set, if this king wants to go anywhere it will never be your turn to block this king."

That eunuch was scared and immediately withdrew. What Prince Ying said was correct. His Majesty only summoned Prince Ying into the imperial palace and hasn't convicted him of a crime. So he could not rashly offend Prince Ying, otherwise he wouldn't even know how he died.

With no one to block his path, Xiao Xu took large strides towards Bright Dawn Palace.

Just now along the way here, he saw how tight the security in the place was. He guessed that this time's assassination wasn't a small matter. But compared to the suspicion, he was more worried about the condition of Fourth younger royal brother's injury.

The little child that loved to tease him had now grown up. But his temper of appearing in front of him from time to time still hasn't changed.

When he found out that Xiao Ran had an accident, his heart jumped up. Only he knew with Father Emperor and imperial concubine at his side, it could be assumed to be more useful than him being at his side. But when he neared the imperial concubine's rear court, he still couldn't help but be worried.

He arrived at Bright Dawn Palace which was brightly lit. On the window were reflections of people's figures moving back and forth. In the doorway of the Palace hall, imperial physicians entered and exited with hurried expressions. Everyone was holding their breath, afraid of disturbing the current atmosphere.

Xiao Xu stood outside the palace waiting for the people inside to pass on the message he was here.

However he waited and it wasn't the eunuch that came with the summons, rather it was Father Emperor wearing bright yellow royal robes from head to toe.

He lowered his voice and asked. "Father Emperor, how is the condition of Fourth royal younger brother's injury? Is it serious?"

Western Xuan Emperor silently endured the anger in his chest, his chest violently moved up and down. "Serious or not you should be very clear right? Actually dare to appear here!"

Xiao Xu heard this and frowned. "Father Emperor, in the end, what is the condition of Fourth royal younger brother's injury?"

Now was not the time to ask why Father Emperor's attitude towards him was always so nasty. He was most concerned about the condition of Fourth royal younger brother's injury. Seeing Father Emperor so angry, it may be assumed he wasn't injured lightly.