(129) My Life is Controlled by Myself not by The Heavens

Chu Qing-Yan stood in place for a moment and just was about to lift her foot to leave when she heard a familiar crisp ringing sound.

She turned around and saw Xu Jian in grey monk robes, behind him were green bamboo, making him seem even taller and more handsome.

"Great Master, long time no see." Chu Qing-Yan bowed to him.

Although last time he wanted to convince her to enter the monastery and offended her. However he had after all saved her both times when she encountered him, so she could not forget the gratitude of being saved.

"Benefactor Chu, I trust you have been well since we last met." Xu Jian smiled, walking towards her step by step.

Although he was dressed in simple monk clothes, it was made from the most famous and valuable Indian silk. Every step he took, the cloth gave off a subdued luster, just like his identity. It was indistinct, yet lofty and unapproachable.

"Is Great Master also going to participate in the Chrysanthemum Viewing Banquet?" Chu Qing-Yan accompanied him to slowly walk towards the imperial gardens.

"Yes." A period before, he entered the palace to chant sutras and pray to Buddha for the Western Xuan Emperor to ward off distracting thoughts, then Western Xuan Emperor invited him to enter the palace. Originally, he didn't participate in these ordinary affairs but once he recalled that Chu Qing-Yan would show up, he also agreed. He didn't expect that he would bump into her just as he was entering the palace.

"I trust Benefactor Chu has been well recently?" Xu Jian smiled and asked.

Chu Qing-Yan spread her hands out, "Not bad, passable, what about Great Master yourself?"

"Chanting sutras and praying to Buddha, sitting in meditation, everyday there is a new insight to learn, rich and quiet, meaningful." Xu Jian smilingly looked at her.

Looking at his pair of penetrative and clear eyes looking at herself, Chu Qing-Yan promptly raised her hands. "Halt, Great Master, you wouldn't be thinking of persuading me to become a nun again, right?"

"What's wrong with being a nun? It's a lot better than frittering your time away." Xu Jian asked in confusion.

"Great Master, where do you see me frittering away? Everyday, I'm living life freely and to the fullest." Chu Qing-Yan shrugged.

"Indeed, your steps are lighter, seems like you've learnt airy martial arts." Xu Jian pointed out.

Chu Qing-Yan was surprised; she didn't expect that he would be able to tell whether she has learnt martial arts or not just by looking at her, simply too amazing.

"Great Master's perception is amazing, you can even see this. But I say, you as an enlightened senior monk, why would you participate in this banquet of the secular world? Shouldn't you be in the Buddhist temple, chanting and meditating to comprehend the principles of the world?" Chu Qing-Yan blinked her eyes looking at him.

Xu Jian knew she did it on purpose, but it was not as if he couldn't answer this question.

"Monks were born among worldly affairs and they will enter the secular world from worldly affairs, as long as their mental state is calm, everywhere will be the same to them."

Chu Qing-Yan nodded, she felt these words weren't without reason. It was a pity she didn't want to be a nun.

"Then, Great Master, can you see the future? I've heard it said that enlightened senior monks have discerning eyes that see through the heavens, able to see the ghosts and devils that a mortal man can't see, to be able to thoroughly grasp the fantastic oddities that happen in this world, is that true?"