(130) One after another, beautiful men come from every road

"How are the preparations?" A voice asked in a low tone, carrying a thread of charm.

"Please feel rest assured, master. Everything has already been prepared accordingly. As long as the First Prince and the Fourth Prince enter the scene, then everything will work according to plan." The person respectfully kneeling on the floor said complacently.

"Then that's good. Win or lose, it all ends here." That gorgeous tone sounded.

And inside the Morning Sun Palace, Empress Liang sat on the main seat, firmly looking at her son in front of her saying meaningful and sincere words.

"Xu'er, in recent days, a few older officials have already jointly signed a petition to ask His Majesty to establish the Crown Prince as soon as possible. The court is split into four factions but the one that is your biggest competition is Xiao Ran, if not for your face..." Empress Liang looked at the mask that never left Xiao Xu's face, and stopped short of those final words.

If your face wasn't destroyed by fire, this matter of establishing the Crown Prince, how could there be a place for Xiao Ran to stand?

"So the matter of establishing the Crown Prince demands immediate action. Your grandfather will help you get in contact with those old but powerful chancellors. These days, you should perform well and strive in front of your father emperor to share his burdens and show him the kind of ability a Crown Prince should have. Those officials' eyes aren't blind, who is good for Western Xuan, they're able to figure it out."

Xiao Xu looked at the smug Mother Empress in front of him, and waves of complicated feelings rushed up from his heart.

"Mother Empress, do you feel if this son does more, it'll have any meaning? If father had really valued this son, there wouldn't be a discussion on the matter of establishing a Crown Prince."

He was Western Xuan Emperor's most legitimate heir candidate. Before, he was regarded as the only candidate to cultivate, but once Fourth Prince was born and the fire that destroyed his face happened, nothing was the same again.

"You this person that lacks a backbone, as long as nothing has been set, as long as there isn't anybody sitting in that position, then you will have the chance. You shouldn't give up when you haven't even tried to strive for it, the Liang Family is still waiting for you to prop it up. If at that time the person in that position isn't you, you can just wait for a complete defeat and fall from grace, then the decline of Liang Family!" Empress Liang was so angry that her whole face turned green. She couldn't understand why this son was so unconcerned about everything and why his heart didn't covet that position the least bit.

"Mother Empress, you shouldn't worry and let nature take its course!" He didn't want to have a dispute with Mother Empress every time they met, so he could only use these words to fob her off.

Empress Liang heard this and was angered into laugher. "Let nature take its course? Don't you know many opportunities are lost just because of nature taking its course? Whatever the case, you will go and strive for it for me. If you don't obtain that position, this Empress will not acknowledge you as a son!"

Xiao Xu frowned slightly, an indescribable loneliness flashing through his eyes. "This son understands."

Seeing him agree, Empress Liang's heart finally calmed down a bit. "It's almost time, we ought to go participate in the palace banquet."

"Yes." Xiao Xu moved aside a step and let Mother Empress walk ahead before following her from behind. His heart was empty and lonely, don't know if the little guy could cope by herself. Just now, he had briefed an official under him to take care of her properly.