(47) Don't Try To Guess His Highness's Thoughts

Coming back at night, she didn't even have the strength to bathe or change her clothing. Chu Qing-Yan blinked her two eyes which were swollen with tears. Why was it that this period of experience was completely different from the one she imagined?

Wasn't Xiao Xu a lonely, indifferent and cold-blooded prince? Wasn't he supposed to be high up, repelling people to a distance of a thousand miles away? Wasn't he supposed to disdain her with utter contempt, toss her to one side and not take notice of her?

Why was it that once she entered the manor, she was being ordered about and ill-treated in various ways by him?

Ahhhh——

Chu Qing-Yan faced the sky and gave a long hiss. Why was everything so weird, such that she was at a loss on what to do ah!

And at this moment, Xi Ning, who was wringing a towel while smiling, looked at her with a delighted expression, "Master, this servant finds that His Highness treats you really well. He's simply treating you in a special way. This servant has been in the manor for more than half a year and still hasn't seen His Highness taking care of anybody this way, you know?"

"Xi Ning, being uncultured is not scary, but randomly using idioms is not good. Which one of your eyes saw that Prince Ying treats me in a special way?" Chu Qing-Yan wanted to roll her eyes.

Xi Ning put on an innocent face, "Both of this servant's eyes saw it ah! Moreover, this servant doesn't even know how to read one word, of course I'd be uncultured! How could I be as fortunate as Master, with His Highness personally teaching master."

Chu Qing-Yan lifted her hand and poked the little girl's brow, the corners of her mouth hooking into a ridiculing smile to say, "Don't I give off any dignity in the role as your master? You actually dare to scold me?"

Xi Ning laughingly waving her hand, "How could this servant dare? Master, you're the biggest boss. Also, you are this servant's most, most, most admired person. If you point east, this servant will definitely not dare go west!"

Chu Qing-Yan helplessly shook her head. This girl following by her side was simply becoming increasingly livelier.

At this side, the Jade Courtyard.

"Your Highness, I heard this Chu family's Ninth Miss knocked down the inkstone today and broke your favorite jade brush. She's too undisciplined!"

Cheng Yi held the clothes and put it in the wardrobe. She turned around and walked to the side of the indifferent Xiao Xu and said it in an indignant tone. A burst of haze flashed through her eyes. These past several days, His Highness was actually so caring to Chu Qing-Yan, leaving a bad taste in Cheng Yi's heart. This was the very first time she saw His Highness willing to let a girl close to his body. Even though she was just a loathsome girl who was wet behind the ears, she was still His Highness's wife in name only. Relying on these several years, she has been by the prince's side, Cheng Yi didn't even think before directly giving him eye drops medication (1). She wanted to cause His Highness to loathe Qing-Yan.

Xiao Xu, who had his eyes closed and was recuperating, remained unmoved after hearing her words, "Has this prince's manor already gotten to the stage that it cannot even afford to buy a single brush?"

Cheng Yi didn't expect that His Highness would answer her in this way. Could it be that Chu Qing-Yan had already occupied a place in His Highness's heart?

"Cheng Yi had a slip of the tongue." She fearfully lowered her head. Although His Highness's tone was nothing unusual, his normally accumulated pressure still made her tremble in fear.

His Highness hated it the most when people spoke flippantly. Today, she inattentively blurted stuff out, so she immediately regretted it somewhat.

"Withdraw!" Xiao Xu continued to recuperate with his eyes closed.