A Flame with an FBI Badge (Part 1) | White Collar / The Paper Magician

Neal x Ceony

I pictured Ceony as Karen Gillian, so just in case you wanted a real person picture for her:

If this movie ever actually happens she and Benedict Cumberbatch are playing Ceony and Emery ok I'm sorry I don't make the rules

Summary: The FBI's White Collar division is getting a new agent, and Peter and Neal are showing her the ropes.

QOTP: The Paper Magician or White Collar?

Word Count: 4375

"Did you watch the game last night?" Peter asks Neal, sitting on the rooftop balcony of Neal's (well, June's) home as Neal eats breakfast. Peter steals a piece of bacon off Neal's plate.

"No," Neal replies, clad in his robe and half-annoyed. "I was painting."

"An original?" Peter asks jokingly.

Neal rolls his eyes. "Yes, an original."

They both continue eating, and for a while the only thing said is, "This is some good bacon," which was muttered by Peter. Finally, though, Peter remembers something. "Oh, we're getting a new agent today, by the way."

This piques Neal's interest. "Really?"

"Yeah," Peter replies, stealing Neal's napkin to wipe his fingers. "Transfer from D.C., I'm pretty sure."

"Hmm."

"Hughes told me her name, but I can't remember what it was." Peter squints. "It was weird; it started with a C..."

Neal basically ignores every part of that sentence but one word. "Her?"

"No," Peter says, eyes going wide in a 'don't-you-dare' look. "No. You will not flirt with her - you will not even attempt to flirt with her - not today, not ever, do you understand me?"

Neal chuckles. "I promise I won't flirt with her." This calms Peter down until he adds, "Today."

"Neal-"

"Relax," he says, holding his hands up. "I don't even know her name yet. I might not even want to flirt with her."

"This is the first time I've been glad that you're so shallow."

"I'm not-"

But Peter's already leaving the table. "Get dressed."

////

"Where is she?" Neal asks, walking into the office behind Peter, scanning the familiar faces of his "coworkers" for a new one.

Peter sighs. "I don't know, Neal. Probably in Hughes' office. Just go sit down and chill out."

"Fine."

He sits down at his desk, then props his feet up on it, showing off his ankle monitor. He looks at the desks around him and finds Jones and Diana busy with paperwork, so he steals a glance into Hughes' office through the glass walls.