Chapter 6: Hydra's chimera

I was three years old when they made me kill. I was hungry, so damn hungry. The doctors said then cam make the hunger go away. They kept on calling me chimera...they cut her arm and pushed her into my small cell. The smell of blood made my throat burn..I blacked out. I woke up strapped to a table, my body hurt. They I heard him, the voice I would learn to hate. "Aah our little chimera has awoken. Start the first trial." The room I was in started to fill with gas. My small lungs acked for clean eat before I passed out.

STEVES POV
L had gone to bed early after the first test. I was in the gym sparring with Bucky when Tony called me to the lab. I took a quick shower and changed before going up to the labs where Bruce and Tony were conversing.

"You called?" I asked softly and crossed my arms. Tony turned around and gave a playboy grin.

"Capsicle! I believe we have discovered more about L. But in order to be sure we need to go to Ireland. Hydra has a base down there and I believe that's were they first had your green haired boyfriend. I figured I'd tell you first so you can let L know your leaving and I'll debrief the team. Wheels up on an hour" he smiled and turned back to Bruce.

With a sigh I go up to L's room to let him know what's happening. I slowly opened the door, only to find him curled into a tight ball sobbing and shaking. I quickly but carefully walk over to him. I knell down and placed my hand on his cheek so he could look at me but I flinched at how icy cold his skin was. But I still pull him close and ask what's wrong.

L's POV
I woke up from my nightmare, my body hurting and cold. Why was I so cold? I wrapped myself in a heavy blanket, my teeth chattering. I was crying but I felt barely aware of anything, o didn't even hear Steve walked into the room and speak to me.

I just sat there shaking and crying and mumbling "chimera" over and over and over agin. I cried and sobbed hideously until I fell back asleep. I'm which Steve took me back to the lab to see why my body temperature was so low. I staid unconsciousness the whole time. Still shivering and whimpering. I kept mumbling in Russian. Like I was in some sort of trance "заход солнца"