Chapters one Night terrors

(What L looks like above)

L's POV

~Two years. He was two years old when his mother and father sold him to the scientist for a large amount of money because of his "mutation". He was used as a lab rat to try and harness his abilities from day one, the scientists would try anything but nothing seemed to work. The tests he was put through were horrible, he lived through pain and suffering until he was 18. That was when they rescued him, the only survivor of six hundred subjects. It all happened so fast, freedom from the tests but a life of fear, and terror~

Blinding light was all he could see, he was strapped to a metal cold table. The leather burning into his wrist, ankles, and forehead. He couldn't move, but he could hear the voices, those dreaded voices. They were speaking to him but everything seemed muffled, everything in him burned, he screamed in agony and began to thrash around but soon enough he was held down and something was injected into his throat. Then everything went black.

L wakes up screaming in his bed, it felt like he couldn't breath but no one could hear him, he thought no one would come for him. But he was wrong, the minute he started screaming the only person he trusted was notified. Steve, he came almost immediately once FRIDAY gave him the notification. He ran into L's room and quickly began to try and calm the thrashing boy down and after a few minutes L was taking deep breaths and shaking slightly as the captain himself held the smaller male tightly while whispering softly.

"Shh...it's ok, they can't get you...I'll protect you" and once L's cries died down to simple sniffles Steve smiled softly "come on, we can watch a movie in the main room of you want" the smaller male only nodded as he was then carried to the living room. Steve gently set the Russian boy down on the couch and turned on the tv before going back to the couch and hold L as the watched the fox and the hound.

Steve's POV

It was early morning when I got the alert from FRIDAY about L. He was having another night terror, the third one this week. I know he had only been here for a month but still, he worries me. What did HYDRA do to him?

I rushed to L's room and opened the door, I get over to his bed and try to calm him down and keep him from thrashing around and after a while he calmed down. I said we could watch a movie and he agreed, so I carried him to the living room and turned on the movie. I held him until late morning when everyone else had woken up and come to the kitchen. I could feel as L tensed in my arms when he heard the others but I only held him end pet his head. Tony was the first to look at us, but he didn't make any snarky comments, he understood what was going on with L and how hard it was for him and the others understood. Clint and Natasha came in soon after and nodded to me before going to the kitchen, Bruce was in the lab as usually and Thor was back in Asgard. Wanda came in with Vision and Petro. No one said anything, the only sound was the pans being moved for breakfast. Then the person anyone least expected to speak, spoke up