Over the Wall

Chapter 8 – Over the Wall

Chapter Notes:  In which Chris and Darren finally run into someone we’ve been waiting to meet…

Chris and Darren hurried away from the palace, not wanting to wait around for their theft to be discovered.

“Wow,” Chris said.  “You’re getting to be quite the felon.  First you vandalize Beiste’s house, then you commit assault with a disgusting weapon on Emmapunzel, and now you’ve stolen one of Quinderella’s glass slippers.  I hate to think what you’re going to try next.”

“Admit it – you think my bad-boy side is kind of hot.”

“Well, you did have me drooling over the gingerbread, and this diamond encrusted shoe is undeniably fabulous, but frankly I think your gum-in-the-hair trick was revolting.”

“Hey  - I’ve gotten two of the Wishing Spell items so far.  How many have you gotten?”

“Considering that I’m holding the satchel right now, I’d say that I’ve got two of them.”

Darren gave Chris a playful shove.  “Did you get as big of a kick out of Cooper as I did?” he asked.

“Oh, yeah.  I almost cracked up with the way he kept pointing dramatically.”

“Would you be shocked if I admitted that I had a huge crush on Matt Bomer when he guest-starred as Blaine’s brother?”

“No, actually I’d be shocked if you didn’t.  You’re the world’s biggest fanboy.  I mean, what guest star have you ever not had a crush on?  Male or female – bet you can’t name a single one.”

Darren thought for a long moment.  “Touché.”

Chris and Darren continued along the cobblestone road.  Soon they spotted a night driver transporting a cart of pears to the northern part of the Charming Kingdom.  They flagged him down and were able to convince him to give them a ride in exchange for a few gold coins.  The pears were a lumpy bed, but Chris and Darren wrapped themselves in their blanket and made themselves as comfortable as possible.  Eventually, the rocking of the cart lulled them to sleep.

Morning found them at the end of the cart driver’s route.  They thanked him and hopped down, heading on foot for the Red Riding Hood Kingdom.

They’d been walking in silence for a while when Darren suddenly said, “Ravi Sinha Smith.”

“Who?”

 “Ravi Sinha Smith, the actor who played the younger version of Blaine.”

“What about him?  Is he here?”

“No.  But I never had a crush on him.”