just another hero ║ tetsutetsu tetsutetsu

Just another Hero.

You knew those words angered him more than anything, but you couldn't help but them slip past your lips in your fit of rage. Your anger had been brewing for months, a simple smile masking your true emotions each night when your husband returned home from a long, arduous day of work. Each night you had food for him, a bath drawn up and you would dutifully get him anything he needed or wanted. Ever since you had met him you had supported his dreams and goals, knowing full well that even if fate wanted to stop him he'd still find a way to accomplish his dreams despite his fairly common Quirk. His direct competition had a Quirk nearly a complete replica of his own, and the odds stood against him as Red Riot continued his steady climb into popularity. It had prompted some of his critics to tag those words to him, mocking him for his apparent imitation of one of the most popular Pro Heroes despite the widespread knowledge of a strong friendship between the two of them.

"Just another Hero, huh?" he repeated, dejection coating his tone. His black orbs turned away from you, tears welling up as the sting of the words his biggest supporter had just uttered sunk in.

You felt your heart lurch in regret, already hating yourself for the carelessness of your actions, but yet you lips sealed as you studied his reaction. His fists were clenched by his sides, twitching as tears slipped past his eyelashes and down his cheeks. Pain bubbled up in your chest, but now was the opportunity to confront him.

"I don't mean that maliciously, Tetsu," you started, fiddling with the end of your jumper, eyes trained on his feet. "But you aren't the only Hero in the whole world, so why are you always out? Why do you always leave me alone? I hate it. I told you I'd always support you, and I always will, but right now I hate your dream so much. I don't want to put on a happy face when you come home, acting like everything's alright when in reality I've never felt so lonely in my life."

Tetsutetsu's eyes finally met yours. The tears had stopped streaking down his cheeks, but they were still brimming his eyes. His face morphed as he struggled to thrust any particular emotion to the surface, eyes flashing as he processed your words.

He opened his mouth to speak, but you cut him off. "I love you. I love you so much. I'll always be there to support you and your dreams to become a Hero, and I know one day you'll be loved by all. Everyone will recognise you in the way that you deserve. All I'm asking is that you put that dream on old - just for a day, even half a day would be enough! I want you to be there to support me."

Your name passed through his lips.

"If you still want that validation of knowing you're acting as a Hero then fine, I'll be happy to call you my Hero," you said firmly, finally looking up to meet his eyes. "But please, please don't leave me alone."

A deafening silence hung over the both of you, and you looked away, regretting your words despite the fact that you knew they needed to be said. Your knees buckled beneath you, and you collapsed onto the floor, covering your face with your hands as sobs wracked your body, filling the silence. You didn't hear Tetsutetsu make his way across the hardwood floor, but you felt him stop by you, eventually crouching down and wrapping his arms around you tightly. He held you to his chest as you sobbed, and you even felt his body shake once, grip tightening even more.

Eventually he pulled away, cupping your face gently. "I don't know how I can call myself a Hero when I make my own wife cry," he said, wiping the tears away from your cheeks with his thumbs. "I'll stay by your side as long as you need me to stay by your side. I'll stay for a whole day, a whole week, a whole year if you need me to. I'd do anything for you. I promise I won't be so selfish anymore. You're my number one fan, my number one supporter. If I lost you, I wouldn't know what to do with myself anymore." He pressed his forehead to yours, sighing. "I'd give up my dreams up for you."

"I'm not asking for that, Tetsu," you choked out.

"I know you're not," he mumbled. "You need to know that though. They're right when I say I'm just another Hero. I'm not the only Hero in the world, so I'll make more of an effort to make sure that I have my priorities right; and my priority is you, of course."

"I love you."

"I love you."

"You're just another Hero, Tetsu," you said, and he let out a sound of confusion. "But I'm alright with that - because that means I can have you for the most part all to myself."

Tetsutetsu let out a chuckle. "I guess that doesn't sound too bad."