Chapter 3: Two months late.

En başından başla

I raise my eyebrow at him then he quickly clears his throat and continues.

"Mr Black is also going to be attending most of your runway shows and if there is an event you have to go to, he will go with you as well."

"That's it?"

"Yes."

I shrug. "Fine, okay."

"I heard you fired your previous bodyguards but for your safety, you have to have at least one, I'm sure you've met Cooper." As he says that, Cooper comes in.

My jaw literally drops.

He looks very professional. He's wearing a black suit and pants then a white shirt inside. His tattoos are showing around his neck.

I look at his face. Stiff and serious.

"He is going to be my bodyguard?" I ask Adam.

I think he's crazy. He has definitely gone crazy. Can Cooper and bodyguard even go on the same sentence?

Ned nods at my question.

"Are you kidding me? He kidnapped me!" I snap at Adam.

"He was working for me that time. I made sure he wouldn't hurt you or your friends."

"You knew he was going to kidnap me?" I whisper in disbelief.

"Yes, so did the council. Do you think you would get kidnapped from your house without any of the guards noticing?"

So my parents knew that I was going to get kidnapped.... I shouldn't be surprised. Hiding things from me is their forte.

"I still don't trust him." I tell Adam.

I remember the cold room I was dumped when I got kidnapped. I remember seeing Cooper with tattoos all around his body. He was the person that dragged me outside when the others arrived.

After we got saved, I also found out that he is the one that took me from my house.

"I wouldn't ask him to guard you if he isn't trustworthy, Smith." Adam says and from the look on his face, I know he means what he said.

I frown. "B-but-"

"Amelia, we know you don't like being followed around so Cooper was chosen because he has worked undercover a lot of times. He will be guarding you from a distance, you wouldn't know he's there." Juliet explains.

That is the perfect bodyguard I need but this is Cooper! He's a criminal or was but still!

I look around and see the looks that everyone is giving me. Am I being too stubborn?

"We will find someone else." Adam states in a husky tone, looking at me.

"Sir, but Mr Smith said-" Ned starts but Adam cuts him off. "Do you answer to Edward or I?"

"You, sir." Ned replies.

"Then find someone else."

"No!" I look at him. "I'll take him."

He studies my face. "Are you sure?"

I gently nod.

"Thank you, ma'am." Cooper grins and leaves.

I have to say, it's kind of weird to see the scary muscular tattooed guy grinning.

"Why does he look happy?" I ask Ned.

"Higher salary." He smiles.

I smile back. "So what's next?"

"Here." Adam hands me a sleek black card.