Chapter 3: Two months late.

Beginne am Anfang

It was crazy and amazing at the same time.

****

"I think there's more to 'I want you to be happy'." Chloe says.

I roll my eyes. "That's just what he said, Chloe."

We're at Hardwood sitting outside. We are waiting for Nicole, Tyler and Jacob so that we can all go eat together.

I just told them about the conversation that Adam and I had yesterday.

"I think he likes you." Jasmine smiles dreamily.

I look at her. "You're kidding, right?"

She laughs. "Fine, he doesn't but he clearly cares about you. You should try being friends with him."

Emily nods in agreement. "If he liked her, he wouldn't have asked her to date other men."

Emily and I only have a few things in common. Nicole and I are more a like. People say that she's the odd one out of three of us but they don't really get it.

Emily Parker is my bitch! She always has my back and she's a very true and genuine friend.

She is mostly shy and a little reserved but she is always there for me. I always have her support in everything and the fact that she's not judgemental at all is a great thing.

"So what are you going to do about that?" Chloe asks, referring to what Emily said.

I run my fingers through my hair. "I don't know. I don't think there are guys who would want to date a married woman."

And I honestly don't think I'm ready to be in any relationship. I don't think I'll ever be.

"Trust me there are." Jasmine smirks.

My phone starts ringing and I see Juliet's name on the screen. "Hello."

"Amelia, hey. How are you doing?"

"I'm good. Everything okay?"

"Yes, Mr Black wants to know if you'll be free for a meeting this afternoon." She replies.

I raise an eyebrow. "A meeting with him?"

"Yes."

A meeting? I hate meetings. What does he wanna talk about?

"Is it like a business meeting?"

"I don't know but I will find out and text you the details."

"That will be nice, thank you." I smile and end the call.

****

"Hi, Ned." I smile.

"Mrs Black." He nods, smiling back.

Ned is Adam's PA and right hand man. We're having the meeting in one of the sitting rooms in the house. I still don't what it's about.

"Have you had lunch?" Adam asks.

I shake my head. "No, I'm not hungry."

"You barely ate your breakfast."

"I had a smoothie at school." I tell him and take a seat opposite the couch he's sitting on.

He nods and starts speaking. "Like I said yesterday, this marriage does not have to change your life. You can do whatever you want but for the sake of the public, there are a few things you would have to do."

"Sure, like what?"

"You will accompany Mr Black to events he gets invited to and you will also go with him to some of his business trips." Ned answers.