25: Breaking Up. Making Up.

Start from the beginning

"Let's break up."

"You know what, they might be waiting for us upstairs. Com'n. It's hot over here." I said.

"You heard me."

"You must be hungry. You're speaking nonsense. Let's go." I convinced him. My ears must have been hearing things and yet I also know that it did not. I clearly heard him but I'm not sure of what I have just heard.

"Let's break up." He repeated.

"No." I said firmly and leave it at that. He sighed heavily.

"There's no point in continuing this." His voice was tired. "You're free now. You can chase whoever you want."

"I'm not chasing anybody."

"Go back to her. Savannah. Or Bas. You like Nong, right?"

"What are you even talking about?" I started to get annoyed but I controlled myself.

"You like him." He said it in a very sad way that I was scared he would cry.

"I do, but as a friend." I replied quickly. "Why are you even bringing him into this? I know you're angry at me because I wasn't there when you were attacked –

"And you were there for him after his interview!"

"I just happened to be there." I explained. "I had an errand at that place, I didn't even know his interview would be there."

He went silent and avoided looking at me. I placed a hand on his curled fist, trying to relax it. "Look. I didn't like what happened to you, and I'm really sorry for not answering your calls." I felt guilty again.

"Why didn't you answer them? Is it because of P'Benj?"

I felt childish now. "I don't trust Benj."

"So it's because of him." He confirmed. "I've told you many times he's just an older brother to me!" he shook off my hand.

"He likes you!" I blurted out. "He likes you. How can I stay calm about it?"

"Do you – did you just asked me to be in a relationship with you just because you don't like him?"

"I – that's not - "

"I told you I like you. Did you just made this relationship up because you don't want my attention elsewhere?"

"No – I..."

"Is it just because you don't want people who like you to like other people too?"

I was speechless. Was what he was saying true? Part of it. I hate having divided fans. I hate something being taken away from me. I hate seeing those who care for me give that care to somebody else.

I know I'm selfish.

I know I had been an idiot.

I know I was wrong about this.

I heard him sigh dramatically as he paced in front of me.

"I knew it. It was too good to be true. Being in a relationship with you. I like you P. I like you. Heck, I love you. But if you just want to cage me so you won't have any competition with my attention, then we are not on the same page, P."