Chapter 12

It's my birthday! Yay! Not really, most of my friends forgot about it so... yeah. Enjoy.

Claudio took Renata back to Emily's and bid them all goodbye, not before apologising again, of course. He shifted into a jaguar and ran back to Mexico without being seen, determined to convince his mother that Renata was perfectly fine.

"Well, that was interesting" Jared said once Claudio had left.

"Thank that you are not present at family meetings, you would go crazy" Renata joked and they entered back into the house once Claudio's scent had disappeared, "by the way, I'll spend the day at Jacob's, so I'll probably return around ten"

"Be back at nine" Sam told her and she laughed.

"Are you my dad?" She asked and Jared laughed, just to be quickly silenced by Sam's gaze.

"I am serious, Renata, with the redhead out, we should know better than to be out on our own more than we should" Sam told her seriously.

"But I won't be alone-"

"Jacob doesn't count, Renata" Sam reminded her and she nodded, she knew that unless he was a wolf, he would be little or no help if Victoria appeared.

"Okay, I'll be back by nine" Renata sighed and went to her room to sleep.

As soon as her head touched the pillow, she still heard the door when it opened and someone entered. Not a vampire scent, that was good, so she just paid no attention, probably Emily or Sam grabbing something, they still have some boxes in the room with stuff they had to arrange in the house. Renata felt her bed sink under someone's weight, but she didn't care, she was way too tired to complain. There was a sigh and the weight was removed from the bed, and the door was again closed. Weird, Renata thought.

The next morning, Renata got up and had breakfast with the rest, they reminded her how important it was for her to be home at nine. Renata took the batch of muffins she had made the day before and asked Sam for a ride. The way to Jacob's place was short and quiet. Once there, Renata waved back at Sam as he took off. Renata knocked on the door, and almost immediately, a hyped Embry opened the door.

"It's her!" He exclaimed and pulled Renata into the house. He hugged Renata and she hugged him back, "we missed you" he said, making puppy eyes.

"I missed you too, Embry" Renata laughed.

"She remembers my name!" He exclaimed again.

"Don't be silly, of course I do. Now, where is Billy?" Renata asked.

"In the living room!" Renata heard the man's voice and smiled.

"Hello, Billy" she smiled as she hugged the man.

"I'm glad you could come" Billy told her, squeezing her hand reassuringly, "how are your ribs?" He asked.

"Better, thank you" Renata smiled and then showed him the muffins, "I made them, do you want one?"

"Sure" Billy said and took one, took w bite out of it, "It's amazing Renata. You can come and cook whenever you want" Billy said, making Renata laugh.

"I'll think about it" she smiled and looked around, "where is Jake?"

"In his room, you can go in if you want" Billy told the girl and she smiled, thanking him and waving at him.

Renata found Embry, whom she had already greeted, Quil and Jacob in his room, playing a video game. As soon as she entered, they paused the game. Jacob got up and hugged her, she hugged him back tightly, enjoying the warmth of his skin.

"Can I say hi or are you gonna hold her like that all day?" Quil joked.

"I might" Jacob answered and Renata hit him playfully in his chest. Reluctantly, Jacob let go of Renata and let her hug Quil. The hug was short and friendly, it had a different aura than the hug she shared with Jake.

The rest of the morning, they spent it playing video games, needless to say, Renata was an awful player. She just did it out of fun, to be with the guys.

"Food is nearly ready, guys!" Billy said from the kitchen.

"I'll go help your dad set the table" Renata told them and stood from where she was laying in Jacob's bed.

"Don't go" Jacob told her, grabbing her hand.

"Let go, Jake, I'm helping your dad, you should, too" Renata told him and he sighed and nodded. Jacob got up and followed Renata to the kitchen to help set the table.

"Did you see that?" Embry asked Quil.

"He's completely gone now" Quil told his friend, "I've never seen him act like that"

"Me neither" Embry said and they resumed the video game.

"Embry! Quil! Come help!" Renata yelled from the kitchen and the boys quickly scurried over to the kitchen, not wanting to face her wrath if they didn't help.

They all enjoyed the meal, joking and talking among themselves, discussing what they planned to do during the summer, and Renata just said that she planned on avoiding Bella as much as she could.

"Why do you hate her so much?" Jacob asked her curiously. Renata bit the insides of her cheeks and sighed. She couldn't tell them that her smell disgusted her or that she put her family in danger because her blood was especially calling to other vampires.

"I don't hate her personally. I just don't like the fact that Edward has changed so much and that she divided the family, in a way" Renata said. A half truth, not totally a lie.

"I've known her since we were small and-" Jacob started and he kind of trailed off.

"How much do you really know her, Jake?" Renata asked him seriously. Jacob seemed to think about it and decided to drop the conversation.

"Who wants muffins?" Billy asked in order to change the mood.

Later in the afternoon, Quil had gone home and Embry, Jacob and Renata were walking in the beach. It was an unusual sunny day and Renata enjoyed feeling the warmth in her skin. It was in days like these she missed her brothers the most. On days like this, she would go and play soccer with them and at night they would go dancing to a club.

"Is there any club nearby?" Renata asked them.

"Only in Port Angeles" Embry told her.

"Great, let's go tonight" Renata told them excitedly.

"We are all under age" Jacob pointed out.

"That never stopped me before. Besides, what is the worst that could happen?"

"That we are detained?" Jacob told her, taking her hand so she stopped walking.

"Where is your sense of adventure, Jake?"

"It'll be fun" Embry intersected.

"I don't think it's a good idea" Jacob told her and let go of her hand, turning back and walking away from them.

"Jacob-" Renata started and tried to walk to him but Embry stopped her.

"Don't push him. Let him think about it"

Renata nodded and kept walking in silence with Embry, it was nearly nightfall and she still had to go to Emily's and change her clothes.

Renata decided to sneak in to the house so they wouldn't be able to stop her from going, however, when she entered her room from the window, the light turned on and Sam, Paul and Emily were standing there.

"In my defence, I'm on time" Renata said right away, raising her hands in surrender.

"Billy called" Sam said simply and didn't have to say more so Renata understood. Jacob probably asked Billy permission and Billy called Sam, aware of Victoria's threat.

"Where is Embry?" Emily asked her.

"Waiting for me below my window" Renata admitted.

"I'll take him home" Emily told them and left the room.

"We're have to talk" Sam told her seriously and Renata lowered her head. She knew that tone.