Chapter 31- Week 1 part 6

Start from the beginning

My brother was becoming possessive over her without even realizing it and that fact alone meant problems for not just me and Kendall, but for our entire plan. Because becoming possessive over a woman is Cole’s way of saying he wants her for himself.

Tearing my eyes away from Cole’s, I looked out my side window and rubbed my hands over my face roughly before letting out a quiet huff. Everything was falling apart and its only been a week. 

And the worst of it all was that I want her too. 

Amelia’s POV

It was silent the entire ride back to the estate, and once we finally got back and inside, Cole and Kendall both went their separate ways without saying two words to me or each other. I was a little surprised at their moods, especially Kendall’s, seeing as he was the main one trying to get everyone to stay at the club a little longer to hangout. 

Hearing the front doors click and lock behind me, I twisted around to see Jayden, “Not gonna run off like your brothers?” I asked as I quickly stepped out of my heels.

Jayden shook his head, “No, I actually was thinking I could walk you to your room if that’s alright with you?” he said with a small smile ghosting at his lips. 

Thinking his offer was sweet, I nodded my head slightly, “Um, sure I guess. Just let me pick up my heels…” I said as I reached for my shoes that I had discarded along the floor, but before I could get to them Jayden had already bent down to grab them.

“Let me get those for you,” he said quickly making me look up at him in confusion. 

Jayden must have noticed my expressions because he quickly went on, “This way you won’t have to worry about them while you hold your dress on the way up the stairs.”

Seeing his point I gave him a grateful smile and nodded, “Good idea,” I offered, “Don’t need any embarrassing trips up the stairs just yet,” I finished as Jayden gestured with his hand towards the stairs making him smile wider towards me, “After you Love.”

We said nothing to each other on the way to my room, but once we stopped in front of my door and I collected my heels from Jayden, he broke the silence, “Amelia,” he called after me as I finished opening my door.

“Yeah,” I said as I looked at him from over my shoulder.

“Can we talk for a quick moment, it won’t take long?” he said softly making me turn around to fully face him, “Yeah, sure,” I tried to say with as much confidence as I could, even though on the inside I was freaking out. I had a pretty good idea what Jayden wanted to talk about and I was more than positive that I wasn’t ready to have that conversation at the moment. I was still confused and still felt very guilty for it happening in the first place and I just didn't know how I was going to explain my actions to him just yet. I thought I was going to be able to avoid this conversation for a little while long, just until I got my thoughts and feelings together but I guess that wasn’t a choice now. 

I could see how determined he was to finally get it out in the air, so I quickly tried to ready myself for what was to come next and waited for him to continue.

He was silent for a few moments as we stood there right outside my room. I watched him comb his large hands though his hair a few times before he actually started talking. But when he did it wasn’t at all what I thought he was going to say, “I’m sorry for kissing you the other night. It never should have happened and I regret doing what I did. I should have never let things even escalate that far to begin with,” he started and instantly I tried to correct him because he was wrong. He had no reason to apologize to me, and if anything its as much my doing as it was his. I let the kiss happen, its not like he forced himself on me or anything. But before I could say anything he held up his hand to stop me, “No, Amelia. I take responsibility for what happened. I could have easily left your room the moment I saw you were not fully dressed. I chose to stay. But it doesn’t really matter about how it happened or why,” he said before firmly locking his saddened eyes with mine, “I will never touch you in that way again. At least not right now. Things have become more complicated than they should be with my brothers and I and….Just know that it won’t happen again.”

Not knowing how to correctly respond, I just stood there for a moment. Jayden went from apologizing to being very cryptic and it just made me wonder what he was talking about. What was going on between him and his brothers? I mean besides the fact that they have two enemies that clearly have it out for them. They didn’t seem fazed by either of the two back at the club so I highly doubt this ‘complication’ had anything to do with them.

Whatever it maybe, right now, to me, it was just another one of many unanswered questions that I have concerning the brothers and everything else about them and their world.

And I didn’t like being in the dark, I needed those questions answered and I was tired of waiting for the brothers to come around to telling me. 

Jayden must of took my silence as me being done with the conversation, because he had quickly said goodnight and had already started down the hall. Finally finding my voice, I rushed down the hall and grabbed his wrist to stop him, “Jayden wait,” I said making him twist to face me again.

“Look, you are the only one I seem to genuinely trust on some level here. Since I got here I have noticed that you seem to be the sweetest and most kind out of your brothers. That being said… I know there are things you and your brothers are hiding from me and I know there is something going on that you guys refuse to tell me. Meeting Vita and Damon tonight just made that fact even more clear to me,” I started and hurried to continue when I noticed he was about to interrupt.

I knew the next thing I said could back fire horribly but I had to try, I needed to know, “I want you to tell me the truth Jayden, I want you to tell me what’s really going on…Everything.”

TO BE CONTINUED….next chapter next week.