Chapter 39 week 4 part 2

Enjoy Whines8

*************************************************************

Carmela's POV

In my life, I have always made it a point to set rules, goals and even boundaries for myself. And when it comes to rules, there were a few I have always felt very strongly about. Like the fact that I never consider myself dating someone unless I've been on at least five dates with that person. Another is that I always consider myself single when dating someone and the only time that status ever even has a chance of changing is if the person I'm dating officially asks me to be their girlfriend. But as my track record would show, usually my dating life never gets past date two.

Along with the many simple dating rules I have subconsciously made for myself over the years, I also have a few rules that were specifically made in the case of my three big brothers. The rules are very straight forward: Never tell me how to run my business, Never mess with any of my employees without informing me about it first, Never ask me to do anything family related if it has to do with our families royal tradition even in the slightest bit and finally never show up at my place of business unannounced. Because every time they do, something always goes down and I need to make sure I have time to deal with whatever crap they have going on at the moment. These rules have been set up to keep every one happy, mostly me, but today one of those rules was being broken.

Coming down from my loft, I rushed towards Anthony who was getting the bar ready for opening, "Which one?" I asked, slightly annoyed.

Anthony stopped pulling out glasses to look up at me, "Cole," he said with a sigh as he pointed towards the entrance of the club that led to the elevators in the hall, "Sid said he's down in the lobby demanding to talk to Amelia. She didn't know what to say so she asked me to call you, she said he looked pissed."

Groaning out loud, I continued my march toward the entrance of the club and made my way down to the lobby. Once I stepped out of the elevator and into said lobby, I rolled my eyes not in the least bit surprised to see Sid trying her hardest to get Cole's attention, but failing miserably.

Knowing I needed to get to Cole quickly, before he snapped on the poor girl and hurt her feelings, I hurried towards him, "Wow, what a surprise, you coming to see me here, big bro... Especially when you know the rules."

Cole's angry eyes only narrow further as I turn my attention to Sid, who is shamelessly listening to our conversation, "Sid, why don't you go see if Anthony needs any help getting the bar ready for tonight."

Sid finally seems to pull her eyes away from my brooding brother long enough to give me a whinny response, "Why? I never help Anthony set up the bar."

Clearly not getting the hint, I had to dumb it down for her really quick, "Sid, give us a minute."

Seeming to finally get the hint, she reluctantly walked out from behind the reception desk and made her way to the elevators.

Once I was sure she was gone, I turned back to Cole, but before I can get a word out his deep angry voice cuts through the silent lobby, "Where is she?" He demands without wasting anymore time.

Not liking the tone or attitude he was giving me at the moment, I ignored his question and decided to instead annoy him even further, "May I ask who this 'she' is that you speak of, brother? I'm quite confuse-"

"Stop the games, Carmela! I know she's here, I need to talk to her," he demands, cutting me off mid sentence.

Narrowing my eyes at him, I slowly let my hip rest against the front of the reception desk and crossed my arms under my chest as I took in my brother's appearance more closely. He was tense; jaw tight and shoulders stiff as if he was trying to rein in his anger. His face was clouded, I could tell he was in a dark mood and I knew from experience that messing with him when he was like this wasn't a smart move. So instead of annoying him further like I had previously wanted to do, I gave in.