18

The weather was cold today, Hope remembered her first day on looking after Tony– it was a chilly weather as well. Displaying her now mental issues of herself with the weather, she is sad and she's never been so blue.

She looked down on the engagement ring she wore, letting her thumb run along the accessory as she tried to smile in spite of the pain inside. The pain she carries everytime she relishes the moment that Tony said he was leaving the team, it had only been months since she started working— and she never felt so much despair.

Parking her car nearby the entrance of the Avengers HQ, once she was off– she walked straight to the door as she tried to force out a smile. Oddly enough, no one was greeting her— and the usual agents who roamed around ignored her.

Walking over to the elevator, she passed by the reception in which she showed her ID— though none of them had paid attention except for one who gave her a glare. She turned her back and decided to shake the feeling off.  ❝ Weird. ❞

Waiting for the elevator doors to open, the team was inside and oddly enough– Tony was talking to them. Their conversation was abruptly stopped when their attention fixed on hers.

❝ What are you doing here? ❞ Rhodey's cold voice seem to shut even the people walking by the lobby. She gulped at his tone, completely taken aback.  ❝ I'm here for Tony, ❞

❝ Lady, he doesn't need you here. Now would you please? Do us a favor? Get out. ❞ Sam ordered, furrowing her eyebrows– she wanted them to just drop the act and hope that they would all scream joking! but none of it happened and she suddenly felt nervous.

❝ B–but guys? What did I do wrong? ❞

A slap answered her as it resonates through the lobby, Natasha's eyes were filled with rage as she looked at the woman before her.  ❝ You unforgiving son of a–! You could have at least called for help! This is your fault why Tony's suffering! All your fault!  ❞

Suddenly agents were now on her side as they tried to drag her back, away from the furious team that may have a great chance of killing her. She looked at them solemnly, she wanted to cry in pure guilt.

She knew it all along,

But was too afraid to say it.

❝ I'm sorry, ❞ She muttered.