11th Grade

It was another normal day in Lowell High. Jasmine just finished SAT prep. She felt ready to take on the real thing next month.

She currently had the highest GPA and was on track to be the valedictorian next year. Stanford was really interested in her which was promising.

Damon got re-admitted after going to a correctional school. Cameron and Emily were in toxic relationship and things for Jaz were good. She still had Hunter and Destiny by her side.

She packed up her biology books and began her journey down the hall. Some watched her in awe and others in jealousy. Even at 6 feet Jasmine Bryant was someone all the boys wanted. She laughed to herself as some girls glared at her.

She ignored it and kept walking until she heard the voices of two girls passing by. She recognized one of them from her calculus class, she believed was her name Lisa.

"Oh my God did you see him?" The blonde girl whispered to her friend.

"I would let him hit in 7 different directions." Lisa answered whole fanning herself. The two girls laughed amongst each other before they were out of ear shot.

Jasmine's face screwed up in confusion. They had a new student? Jazz had yet to hear anything about him until now which is strange. Destiny knows all the tea.

Jasmine brushed it off and walked to her AP Statistics class when she was greeted by Emily and her group of friends chatting.

"I think it's perfect timing me and Cam broke up. It's a sign. The new guy was my friend before he left middle school and now he returned when I'm single. Fate works in funny ways huh?" The girls around her hanging on to her every word. Jealous that Emily had such a "deep" connection with the newest heart throb.

If Jasmine took the time to truly listen to what Emily said she wouldn't have been so caught off guard when she slammed in to a 6'4 solid wall.

"Sh*t I'm so sorry!" Jasmine gasped picking up his books.

"Don't worry about it I wasn't paying attention." His voice was deep with a thick accent like he was from Ireland or... Scotland?

Jasmine stood up and stared at the stranger. If she didn't know Jude was from Scotland with those green eyes she wouldn't have ever recognized him. He looked completely different!

"Jasmine?" His voice perked up in recognition. "Do I know you?" She questioned with innocently narrowed eyes. She watched Jude's face fall into what looked like disappointment. The inner b*tch of Jasmine was satisfied by his disappointed.

"It's me. Jude O'Conner remember? Your best friend in middle school." Jasmine looked him up and down. Of course she knew it was him but she didn't really want to talk to him.

He was so tall and muscular now. He had a few tattoos as if he was in the process of getting a sleeve. He was only 17! He had the total bad boy vibe no wonder the girls were drooling.

"Oh welcome back to the U.S." She smiled blankly before side stepping him and walking to her seat.

Jude blinked in confusion before rushing to the seat next to her. Eyes of the males and females were on their interaction with curiosity.

"Jazz can we talk?" He fiddled with his pencil. "I don't mess around in class." She answered.

Jude sighed. "After class?" Jasmine rolled her eyes. "Listen Jude I'm Sorry I'm being so rude. But I really would rather not talk to you I hope you can respect that." She said politely.

"I know we got off on bad terms Jasmine I wanted to apologize." He scooted his chair closer to her. Jasmine scooted away. "Sorry is enough I'm not going to condemn you."

"But I feel like you still won't want to talk to me." Jude mumbled. "Just because I forgive you doesn't mean I want to or have to be your friend."

Jude's jaw tightened. "Okay I deserved that I guess. But Jasmine we were young and stupid I didn't mean it."

Jasmine laughed. "We? More like you were young and stupid."

"Jasmine-"

"Good morning class!" Mrs. Welsh came in the room excitedly. Jude sank back into his seat.

"We have a new student today all the way from Scotland. Mr. O'Conner could you stand up?" Jude sighed and stood to his feet giving an awkward wave.

"I'm Jude O'Conner. I'm from Edinburgh, Scotland."

"Hey Jude." Jasmine quietly sang. The classmates around her snickered.

Jude looked at her and saw a little smirk on her face. And it made him smile.

At that moment he knew he still had a chance with Jasmine Bryant.

And he would be a d*mn fool if he didn't take it.