[6] The 'Moment'

Wraith held the knife to Mirage's throat. "Because at least I'll die beside my lover." Wraith stood there. Her hand shaking, her mind running like Usian Bolt on steroids. She had flashbacks to her past, she started seeing people, seeing... family? Maybe. She had no idea who these people were, she recognised their voices and faces but didn't know who they were. Her whole body started shaking, she couldn't move. Then these faces started turning red and doctors started appearing and she saw darkness and her mental hospital. She fell to the floor and started screaming. "Wraith?!" Mirage shouted, he dropped and placed her head in his arms. "Shhh it's fine I'm here." He whispered. Then the darkness was fading.

Then there were gunshots into the cave. And Wraith started screaming even more. Mirage was holding her head getting himself more angry each new bulletshot that hit his decoys. Until he placed her head back on the floor, even though she was kicking and swinging at him, he then stood up his eyes red with anger the other team just let loose and started spraying bullets at him but his decoys took all of the as he walked towards them. He unloaded the clip in his wingman and placed 3 bullets in them and loaded it, within the space of 3 seconds all the bodies of the other team hit the floor. Each of their heads having a bullet wound, as he sprinted back to Wraith. 

Wraith had stopped screaming an moving but she still seemed distressed, and as Mirage came to sit next to her she started screaming "STOP! GET AWAY FROM ME!" Mirage stroked her hair "Hehe Mirage is here, or Elliot..." Mirage was getting flashbacks to his mother. And he snapped out of it so see Wraith had stopped, she was calm in his arms. Her darkness turned to a beam of light, with Mirage at the end. She reached for him and as she did her eyes opened. "Wraith!" Mirage said while pulling her in to his arms. She started crying, "Mirage..." she murmured, "Yeah?" He responded. "Don't leave me." She said still sobbing. "I won't ever. I promise." Mirage said stroking her hair.

"Lets go." Mirage said picking her up bridal style. Then a ship appeared at the cave, they expected it to return them to HQ but instead 2 doctors with a stretcher came flooding out and Wraith started breathing heavily and clenched onto Mirage whispering "Protect me." He grinned as he set her down"Did you think I wouldn't?" as the doctors came up to him. "Excuse me sir is your squad member fine, we need to take her in for a checkup." The doctor said. "Yeah she's fine." Mirage said giving Wraith a thumbs up from behind him. "I still must take her in for a checkup." He doctor said trying to get past Mirage but then he was circled by Mirages. "W-What?!" He said in confusion and panic. They all started speaking to him saying things like "Yeah she's fine." and well that's actually all they said.

Wraith couldn't help but sit and giggle, then she felt weird, 'What is this feeling?' she kept asking herself as she watched Mirage toy with the doctor. She really liked this feeling it felt... warm. She'd never felt it before it was almost like there were butterflies in her stomach. She watched as the doctor started running back to the ship in either fear or just... well... craziness as if he would go insane if he heard Mirage's voice one more time. The other doctor trailed behind him dragging the stretcher. As Mirage walked up to Wraith while she sat up on the rock smiling at him. "What is it?" Mirage questioned. "Nothing." She said still smiling. "Why are you smiling so much then?" He pried. "I am?" Wraith said trying to look at her mouth. Mirage was now right in front of her.  "Is it because of little ol' me?" Mirage said jokingly. "You wish!" Wraith said hitting his shoulder gently.

She looked up at Mirage, he got his hand close enough to where it was just touching hers and there hands were rubbing against each others.  "Mirage..." she whispered looking at their hands touching. "It's Elliot, Wraith." He said looking her in the eye. "Elliot? Cute.." She responded. "Cute?! It's a BRAVE and NOBLE name" Mirage said trying to flex his other arm. "Well you ARE very brave, my knight in shining armour." As she grabbed his hand holding it tight. Her voices were going crazy "STOP IT!" "DON'T OPEN UP TO HIM!" "HE'LL BETRAY YOU." They screamed in her head. But as she stared into Mirage's eyes she found the strength to ignore them. As Mirage flicked back a bit of Wraiths hair behind her ear. Instead of Mirage making the move Wraith did as she leaned in to Mirage pouting her lips. He did the same, their lips touched gently but touching none the less as Wraith let go of his hand and wrapped her arms around him. Their lips disconnected.

"Wraith?" Mirage said gently. "Yes?" She was smiling even more now as all the butterflies were not gone but ten times bigger. "Did we just have a moment?" He said in excitement. She unwrapped her arms and pushed him back as she hopped off the rock. "Don't be such a teenager!" She walked towards where the HQ ship was coming. "But Mir-...Elliot, what should I actually call you?" She asked expecting him to say Mirage or Elliot. "Lover!" He said with a HUGE and I mean HUGE smile. "Ugh. Mirage it is. And I was gonna give you a cute nickname." She said continuing to walk forward again. "No wait! I'll take the nickname! Wraith! I was only joking!" As he ran after her towards the ship.

-EthanTheWaffle <3

I love this chapter to be honest hope you do to :)