[5] The Duel

Wraith and Mirage sat on the couch, the fire a beautiful red with the logs and them cuddled up together. Wraith lay her head on Mirage's shoulder as he stroked her hair. She looked up at him, he looked into her eyes. "Your eyes are beautiful Wraith", "You're just a charmer aren't you Mirage" She blushed. They both stared at each other as they lent in closer, and they both puckered up their lips and went in for a kiss... their lips almost connecting... they could feel the warmth of each others lips.

[That one generic Iphone alarm clock noise]

Mirage rolls onto his side about to kiss 'Wraith' and swings up, "Ugh. Only a dream, well it felt real" he smirked. He turned off the alarm and went to get breakfast, he hoped on his motorcycle (Mirage is totally a motorcycle guy) and drove to a nearby cafe. Mid-way during his huge stack of pancakes his phone bleeped he seemed confused, he wasn't expecting anyone. He looked down at his phone to see a message from Wraith 'We are competing in today's match, and you better be here in 10!' He sighed, looked at his pancakes and realised he'd never have the time to eat them, but he could still try. So while Mirage tried to gobble up a lorry load of pancakes, Wraith waited it had been 25 minutes now and he finally showed up. "Where have you been?!" She exclaimed. "I had to get ready 10 minutes isn't enough to look this good!" He giggled. "And here I was thinking I could trust you and you weren't self centred anymore. But clearly I stand corrected." She responded seriously. "I-It's not like that Wraith..." He mopped, "I don't care hurry up." Mirage sadly followed behind Wraith. 

They landed at artillery, no-one special was to play in this match today. They wiped a couple squads and kept moving, Mirage wasn't his cocky self and he didn't engage in much combat. "What's wrong Mirage?" She asked with sympathy seeing he was hurt. "Nothing." He responded bluntly. She just ignored it, until later in the game he was just getting in the way now. They went to hide in a shack at cascades and as they closed the door, "Mirage can you actually do something?" She frustratingly said. "See. This is what I mean!" "Mean what?" Wraith stood confused. "You. Wraith, I actually had feelings and you just shatter them!" He exclaimed. It was now growing into a full blown argument. "Mirage maybe if you weren't so selfish!-" Interrupted by "I'm selfish?! Wraith all you care about is winning, I only came here for you and well us as a squad. But if that's not happening why am I even here?!" Mirage stood up to leave. "I'll see you on the battlefield... you're in my way, you should move Mirage or I'll have to kill you." She said looking at the floor. "Well looks like I'll be IN your way Wraith, get the moving team ready I'm one heavy load."

Wraith was just standing in that shack, she just stood, for a long time. This was the longest she'd ever stayed still. Then suddenly she chucked her knife right at the wall, "Why?! The first person I like! You just ruin it!" She shouted as she stared at her right hand like she was blaming all her anger on it. She decided she needed to move. Where to? Anywhere I assume, as she packed up and left she saw a squad fighting but didn't feel like joining in for some reason, maybe Mirage's blues were contagious? She thought, so she let them fight and kept walking. She found herself in the caves and she heard footsteps behind her, most likely the squad from before. She turned around an stood smack centre of the mouth of the cave flipping her knife. The squad approached stood in fear, "Wraith?! T-The one that k-killed 15 squads on t-time..." The woman said in fear. "Yeah that's me, but that doesn't matter, you're dead." She said as her knife flew into the woman's head and bullets from her team mates flew everywhere. Wraith went into the void and appeared behind the other two and dealt with them, no biggey.

She was looting the deathboxes as a shot grazed her arm. "You missed!" She shouted as she readied herself for battle. "No I meant to graze you!" A familiar voice said. As Mirage appeared from behind the rocks. " I've been thinking maybe I wa-" Mirage was interrupted as Wraith sprayed her R-99 in his direction. His decoys took all the hits. "Wraith I don't want to figh-" Interrupted again  by gunshots, he just moved out of the way this time and took cover. "You're in my way!" Wraith screamed. "Ugh. Welp let's see how the moving team holds up then." Mirage sighed knowing on the inside he would never kill her. He sprinted at her a decoy by his side. She shot both of then right in the skull. But they both exploded into blue hexagons. As Mirage appeared behind her.

"You're still not quick enough Wraith." He whispered into her ear. She went to flip around but he floored her too quick. As he had her pinned to the floor with a wingman to her head he hesitated, He stood up and helped her up. "What are you doing idiot?!" She questioned. "Something stupid." He responded smiling. Then she grabbed his neck and pushed him into the wall. As her knife was at his neck, ready to cut him like butter, she to hesitated. "Go kill me Wraith." He said smiling. "Why do you want to die so much?!" She whinged. " Because at least I'll die beside my lover."

-EthanTheWaffle<3