Darkened Sky Ch. 13

Hexton's P. O. V

The wind began to pick up speed as we waited for Gracia. The clouds turned dark grey and covered the sun.

'Something is wrong. ' My wolf warned.

Misty who was sitting on the grass seconds before suddenly stood.

"Something is wrong! " She yelled over the whistling wind.

"Let's go inside and I will mind link Gracia and tell her to meet us. " I told Misty .

As we headed back into the castle I realized Gracia's connection was missing like she vanished into thin air. That's when it hit.

I ran past Misty pushing her out of the way. A small whimper echoed in my ears. My wolf was crying within me. Tears ran down my face as I searched for Gracia's scent in the air. My wolf automatically controlled where we were headed.

'Library' he repeated as we shifted.

The smell of blood was overwhelming in wolf form. Not realizing how fast I was running I quickly came around the corner, slipping in blood I lost control of my speed and crashed into the hallway wall. My grey fur painted mahogany. I looked to my right and realized I had slipped on Gracias blood. Her lifeless body laid in a puddle. My wolf howled.

Ryan's P. O.V

We walked at a steady pace in wolf form through the forest. We had to get back to Greystone. Hexton needed to know that we were in more danger then we had anticipated.After our discussion the other night, Riza and I confessed to Heidy that we were mates. But asked her to keep it a secret for now. She protested but in the end agreed.

The leaves began to rustle with the wind that suddenly picked up.

"Look at er clouds."Jiblit pointed to the sky.

The clouds turned grey then a darker grey. Lightening began to flash as the wind blew stronger.

"We need to find shelter!" Karzack yelled.

Before I could anserw Hexton's warning growl filled my head. Heidy jumped startled from the sudden howl ringing in our heads.

' Gracia is dead!' Hexton growled. ' Come home now! '

'We're on our way. ' I replied.

I glanced at Heidy who nodded back at me and we began to run. Riza looked confused but she followed our lead.

'There is an emergency at home. We can not rest against this storm. It is far too dangerous. Once we get to the castle you can rest. I promise. ' I informed Riza.

I heard Karzack and Jiblit yelling behind me and remembered they were too small to keep up. Picking them both up with my mouth I threw them on my back and proceeded to run. The little men grabbed my black fur and held on tightly.

The wind and rain slapped against my face. There were occasions where I had to slow my pace for the girls to keep up. The forest floor was slippery and the mud was hard to run through. But we made it safe the next day around dawn. The wind calmed but the rain continued and the sky seemed blacker than ever.

My aunt waited at the castles entrance with some of the palace maids. Once inside the castle we all shifted and were handed white towels to dry, and clean clothes to wear . The maids and my Aunt Rose stood dumb founded as they stared at the little men in front of them.

"I believe we need to find some smaller clothes." My Aunt spoke over her shoulder to the maid nearest to her. Who bowed and ran off in search of small clothing .

"Hexton awaits you and Heidy in his quarters." She said as she walked over to Heidy and kissed her forehead." Glad to see you both home safe.... Riza please join your sister in her quarters. Shower eat and rest. Little men follow us. "