Ch. 22 Dart

--- Hexton's P.O.V---

I was growing frustrated inside the cottage. All that Ralph had revealed was sinking in. Plus it didn't help that Ryan was non chalant about boisting that he had his mate. Riza of course. I couldn't deny that it wasn't a surprise to me. He always showed interest in her. And now they were able to love each other openly. Me on the other hand. Well it wasn't so easy. And honestly it was making me grumpy. The whole situation was out of control. So many secrets. So much danger. I just couldn't and didn't want to know how to love Misty. What if I lost her? What then? I saw her glance at me from where she sat and I just glared back. She half smiled then looked at her hands which sat in her lap. Sadness glazed her blue eyes and my wolf whimpered within me. He wanted nothing more than to comfort her. He wanted to protect her. But I saw her as my weakness. My un-doing. And at times like these, she would be a dangerous distraction. One that the fates kept slapping me in the face with.
Mother stood and I snapped out of my thoughts.
" I will be the distraction." I heard her say.
" You will what? " I growled.
She swallowed a lump in her throat and looked around the room. Her eyes roamed the room anxiously.
" There is something I must confess. However, I do not know how to say it...." She continued.
Her voice became low." I do not know how or remember well. But I am responsible for Estra being risen..."
I felt my body tremble. A sour sensation began to build in the pit of my stomach. " You what? " I yelled.
" Estra has some type of spell on me. She.. She.. Speaks to me in my dreams. I can hear her in my head... Sometimes I do not know what I am doing." Mother cried into her hands.
" Tell me it isn't so." Ryan grabbed her hand in his. " Please say it isn't so." He pleaded.
" So you and Earnast were the traitors!" I hissed.
I felt my bones snap and in an instant I was in wolf form. I lunged towards mother but was knocked to the side by Heidy who from the impact went flying into the opposite direction as me. She hit the wall and whimpered in pain. Instantly Axel jumped over the dining table and stood in front of her in a protective stance. Barring his teeth with anger.
Ryan shifted and threw his body at me as I lunged at mother again. We faught. Snapping and tearing at each others furr.
' Please stop!! You are going to kill each other.' Misty's voice echoed in my head. I latched on to one of Ryan's legs. He kicked hard and sent me in the air. I was going to get up when a blur of white fur stood in front of me. Her paws held me down. I could feel the tingles of electricity running through out my body.
'Stop this already.' I heard Misty's voice in my head. Her blue eyes looking straight into mine. Heidy scurried over to where I was. Placing her hand on me as Misty held me I felt warm waves of comfort throughout my body. Misty laid in front of me nuzzling my mussle with hers. Heidy was using her calming powers on me. Realizing the way they thought I could be controlled made my wolf angrier. I snapped at Misty's snout cutting her with my canines as she jumped back in shock. Growling I turnt my body around snapping in the air warning Heidy to stop. Her face was flushed. Obviously upset from my behavoir. Her chest rose rapidly. She was containing her wolf from shifting. I felt a dart enter my leg. And glanced over at Jiblit. Who stood on the coffee table with A piece of wood in his hand he used to blow the dart at me. Before I could react. I felt my wolf retreat within me. And everything went black.

             ---- Queen Rose's P.o.V----

I watched in horror as my son lunged to attack me. Never had I imagined such a reaction. I felt someone jump over me as Heidy was thrown into the wall. I let out a shrieking cry . Axel gaurded Heidi's body. Within a second Ryan was in wolf form fighting Hexton.
I fell to my knees screaming with anger and frustration. I pulled at my hair as there was growls, and shuffling all around. Then there was a thud on the floor. Hexton's wolf laid on the floor asleep. A dart in his leg. A beautiful white wolf laid at his side. She bled from her mussle. But it was nothing serious. Her blue eyes held such sadness but she continued to rub her head along Hexton's side. Obviously mixing thier scents. A wolf's way of soothing thier mate.
" What is going on Auntie Rose." I heard Ryan ask as he stood naked in the middle of the room. His arms crossed over his chest. He had claw marks on his back and leg. But they were already healing as he walked over to me. He picked me up and wiped the tears from my eyes. His green eyes looked me over with confusion and a hint of anger.
" Well? " He asked again standing directly in front of me.
" What have you done! " Heidy yelled from the opposite side of the room. She sat next to Hexton and tried to stand but fell back on the ground. Axel helped her to her feet. She leaned against him on one foot. He held her up straight as she continued to yell.
" How could you!"
Tears ran down my face but I wiped them away and stood tall. Now was the time to confess.
I ran my fingers through my hair and side stepped Ryan. I walked to the middle of both rooms.
" It started after my husband was killed. Maybe.. I don't know.. Maybe Earnast was helping her before this. That I am un certain. But she invades my mind. She controls me at her will... I am nothing but a puppet."
" There has to be more you're not saying." Heidy growled.
" There must be more. Of course, however I do not know. I dont know. I have no clue as to who killed your your father. " I peered at Heidy. " But.. Yes I have helped Estra. I remember vaguely retreiving the stone from the sacred lake but that is all."
Heidy shook her head and cried into Axel's shoulder. He stood silent. His face as cold as stone.
Ryan grabbed my arm and pulled me into his bare chest. I yelped from his suddeness but felt relieved when his arms tightened around me.
" It is not your fault." He placed a kiss on the top of my head.
Then grabbed a pair of black sweats from Riza. He put them on and helped me to sit on the nearest chair.
Axel scooped Heidy up and sat on the floor crossed legged style. He sat her comfortably on his lap as she continued to sobb in his chest. He rubbed his hands down her back in a comforting manner.
Ryan cleared his throat. Heidy wiped her puffy eyes and leaned into Axel's chest. Ryan looked down at the two and growled lightly. He ran his hands through his black hair. And paced back and forth.
" Estra is obviously a force to reckon with. And her powers darker and stronger than expected. I can not decide your fate Auntie." He stopped pacing as he looked down at Hexton's sleeping body. " But I can banish you from our lands." He huffed as his chest rose. His face was red as he held back tears.
" We need a plan and fast before Hexton wakes. Therefore once the plan is settled. Queen Rose of Greystone... I prince Ryan son of Walter Greystone. Of Greystone blood and second in charge ban you from our lands. The king is un able to decide. Being your son and in state of comma I have ruled this descion the fairest." Tears rolled down his eyes as he stood tall. His voice was shaky. But we both knew this was the only way.