Hiding. Ch 29

King Zooma walked along the river bank. Fairies laid slain around him. The attack had to have been recent. Perhaps only hours. Smoke rose from the destroyed fairy huts. Grey ash now replaced their existence. Trees were knocked over. Some leaned as if grieving the loss of everyone and everything. King Zooma's breath was ragid. He felt his chest tighten with each step, as he continued to look for survivors. He couldn't help the tears that fell from his eyes. His friends. His loyal and beautiful friends were gone. Blood. There was blood everywhere. Scattered on trees. Drying on the forest floor. The coppery smell invaded his senses. King Zooma continued to search. He couldn't find the queen. Panic built up within him and he ran as fast as he could to the cleansing tree. If she wasn't here. She had to be there, and hopefully she had the stone.

-------- Misty's P.O.V --------

At first my body felt on fire. And as the burning got stronger a voice in a language unknown spoke quickly. It reminded me of a whispered song that went fast. Yet, felt like I knew. At first the words and language were foreign. But as it continued, I began to understand.
In the middle of understanding the language my brain felt like it would explode and my body couldn't handle the pain. My wolf was silent. I searched for her but couldn't find her. Panicked and pain overwhelmed me. The fire raged on within me. My heart was a spitting volcano. With it's lava flowing through my veins. I couldn't take the pain. I tried to scream for help but it was impossible... Hexton crossed my mind. His beautiful grey eyes were the last thing that crossed my mind as I gave into darkness.

-------- Hexton's P.O.V--------

It had been several hours since I bit Misty. She was once again in my mother's bed. This was becoming tiring. I felt angry at myself for biting her, and being scared... Scared of losing her. And failing my Kingdom. I now stood in a field. Alone. The moon was almost full. I admired it's beauty. The way it's brightness seemed to caress the unknown. The moon dominated the night, beaming proud. My wolf felt when Misty woke. But I decided to stay with my thoughts. Walking alone. Just myself and the moon. I am King, a lost and confused king at the moment. However I am a descendant of the Moon and things had to be done.
Please..
I spoke to my wolf. Who was becoming uneasy,and wanted to return to Misty's side.
Can you please control yourself. She is fine if not we would feel it. I need you to let me figure things out wolf.... I need you to remain clear minded as well. We need to stay focused and alert!
My wolf agreed and I felt like one again. My senses heightening, I shifted into my wolf man. Howling at Luna. Would she hear me? Hopefully.

------- Riza's P.O.V---------

A howl woke me. My eyes flew open and I jumped out of a bed. Glancing sideways I saw Misty laying asleep. Ryan rushed at me from who knows where and engulfed me in a hug.
He ran his hands over my face, shoulders, and arms inspecting my body for injuries. The tips of his fingers touched my collar bone. His eyes were golden. His wolf was in control.
" The books!" I bent and looked under the bed to find the brown antique box that held the stones and books. My hands shook as I took the box out from beneath the bed. I sat Indian style with the box in front of me. My hand shook to the point where I was unable to open the box.
Ryan knelt on one knee next to me. He placed his hands on mine and we opened the box together. He released my hands. While looking down at me with concern.
I grabbed one of the books. Opening it slowly a jolt of electricity ran through my body. My body stiffened and I saw my veins popp out of my skin. They wove beneath my skin like snakes trying to surface.
" What the...?" I heard Ryan yell.
Within a blink of an eye the electricity disappeared and my veins returned to normality.
Looking down at the page. Of the book in my hands I realised I could read it.
" I can read it." I glanced at Ryan. " I know the whole thing.. As if I wrote it myself.
" How? " Ryan's dark eyebrows scrunched together.
" I just do..."
Standing I walked over to a drowsy Misty.
"Snap outta it." I ordered. I don't know how I knew she would. But she did. Her eyes opened wide as she stared at the cottages wooden ceiling. Misty sat up slowly. As she rubbed her temples with her fingers in a circular motion .
" What happened?"
I didnt explain. Nearing the edge of the bed I grabbed her hand placing her palm on the books cover. Misty instantly stiffened. Her eyes rolled back revealing only the white of each eyeball. She blinked and her eyes rolled back to normal.
"The books. We must destroy them." She jumped out of bed. Let us change. She looked at Ryan. Start a fire. Now!"
Ryan went to say something. But nodded in understanding. Leaving us alone.
Misty ran over to the dresser drawer and pulled out two leather pants. She threw the black pair at me and put on the brown pair. Then she threw a black short sleeve soft leather shirt my way. And put on the same type of brown shirt. She grabbed the same type of shirt and pants. Except these were beige and walked out the room. I followed a little confused at her sudden change and authority. Her wolf was surely radiating her new powers from Hexton's bite. Hopefully his attitude wouldn't rubb onto her too.

---------+ Ryan's P.O.V--_----

I left the cottage to search for Fausto and Finn. I needed them to help me gather wood for a fire. It was dawn now and most of the villagers were sleeping. The night guard was alert and guarding thier posts. Hexton had left but I could smell his scent lingering within the air. Which meant he wasn't far. Probably patroling himself. He was extremely upset with biting Misty. Maybe he was even upset I encouraged it. But in that moment it was what my wolf knew had to be done. Misty was already gaining strength and authority from her bite. I felt it when she looked and ordered me. I couldn't help but be amused. Hexton was going to be wrapped around her finger. Which wasn't a bad thing. I am actually looking forward to being Riza's string to wrap as she pleases. Hexton, however was stubborn and would most definitely put up a fight. Ah heck. I thought to myself as I neared Finn and Fausto who were asleep near a small camp fire themselves. There was already wood near them. Enough to make a stronger fire to burn the books. I threw a little log to heat the two brothers until I returned with the girls. Then I would wake them.

From a tree Earnast watched. As the Royal and Elentran guard joined together as one. They guarded the thick fortress walls. He counted the guards. He counted torches. He had left before the group of fawns. They would arrive early morning. When the moon no longer could strengthen the wolves. They would have the advantage. Gobbler would succeed. Earnast leapt from tree to tree. Searching for a weak point.. The perfect entrance for the fawns. The wolves wouldn't be able to catch their scent. They would destroy them all. Earnast smiled as he thought of it.