Wolf Man ch. 6

Ryan's P.O.V

I stood in front of my long mirror hating the Royal formal wear. Every festival was the same and every year I dreaded having to wear the outfit. It's hideous. Red with itchy long sleeves that are adorned with oval shaped gold buttons going down the coat that made me look like a red penguin with red pants.

'Times like these I'd give up being a royal for a day.' I chuckled to myself.

I smelled Hexton approaching my chamber when my door flew open with a bang and there stood my very angry cousin.

"Look at this shit!"  He yelled as he pointed to the formal wear.

"I've hated these things since childhood! Well I'm King now and I refuse to wear this shit another year!"

Hexton's  body began to pop as he started to shift  tearing the hideous red outfit  to pieces. He stood on all fours. His grey wolf panting with his hair sticking up. Obviously still irritated. Then Hexton's body began to shrink back to his normal body. He stood naked in my room. I was about to complain when grey hair began to grow over his body covering him like a blanket. He stood with a wicked smile.

"Ahhh, This seems more appropriate." he gleamed.

"What? I've never seen you do that. You are standing like a human, like a wolf man." I was shocked. I couldn't even stop my transformation mid shift . No one could, well until now.

"How do you do it." I asked.

" I've been practicing. It's really not that hard."

I couldn't help but laugh. Hexton looked akward.  Like a hairy muscle man with a puppy's nose. Except his hair didn't hang off his body. It was short and coated his body. His grey fur was shiny and looked smooth at the touch, but I wasn't about to touch him to find out.

" I know what your thinking." He growled.

I started laughing harder."You are insane dear King. Especially if you will be attending the Festival like that."

"I'm the King and I will attend how I feel comfortable. As for you I was going to tell you to change, but since you find it so funny that I look like a wolf man you can look like a miserable Royal, in a miserable red suit." He scolded .

"Is that an order?" I teased as I walked up to him.

" It can be if you keep making fun of me." He grinned. Then walked over to my bed and sat on it.

"Mother and Heidy have their Elentran's here and I honestly don't know how to feel about it Ryan... I mean what are we missing. She believes in their innocence  with no proof.. What are we looking for how can I know?"

I sat on my floor and looked at my cousin. The stress and anger consumed him, and at times like these when he was opening up, I needed to give him attention.

"Hexton you are a great King. And I don't doubt that your Mom and Heidy feel the same. I just think that you got to start looking for another suspect. Anything, anywhere. And you need to lay back, find a way to deal with your anger and Uncle's loss."

Hexton looked at me with sad eyes but he nodded in agreement.

"I will help you." I reassured him. "After the festivel we can figure out where to start looking for anserws."

Hexton looked at his hands that laid on his lap "Sometimes I think that you should be King."

"Nonsense!" I growled. " It is your destiny. and I accept and support you a hundred percent. Now quit talking nonsense and lets get down to the festival."