Perimeter Ch. 16

Heidi's P. O. V

I kicked my slippers off as we exited the castle. There was no way I would be able to keep up with these guys, and walk in the woods.

" I suggest we find Earnast. He has the perimeter rounds for the past forty eight hours. Then we can figure out what guards were assigned to each section. "

" Good thinking. "Ryan winked back at me.

We walked in silence for about a minute when Hexton stopped.

" I don't see how someone was able to get in the castle un-noticed... There had to be an opening, or some flaw in our gaurds rounds. "

" I think you need to see our favorite black smith."Ryan looked over at Hexton who glared back.

" Maybe. " Hexton smirked.

" Heidy and I can talk to the gaurds and look for Earnast"

" Let's just mind link him. " I suggested.

"No. " Hexton replyed. "We should surprise him. And the gaurd. "

"Very well.. " I nodded.

Hexton walked in the direction of the village as Ryan and I headed for the trees.

We walked in silence untill we met with the first group of guards. Two sat in a tree. Keeping watch. Another stood at the base,drinking water out of his silver canteen. When he saw us approaching he swallowed hard and stood straight. With a whistle the other two dropped from the trees.Landing on thier feet.

"Princess, Prince Ryan. " The guard who originally stood addressed us.

"Dal. " Ryan nodded.

"Well..." He continued as he rubbed both his palms Together. " We were just walking around. Checking up on things."

" What are your names?" I asked pointing to the two who were in the trees moments ago.

" I am Fausto .." said the orange haired one." And this is Fin.

Ryan Chuckled as he slapped Fin on the back .

"Fin here is a Great tracker.Youngest of our trackers. " Ryan informed.

Fin was slim. With long legs and arms. He also had bright orange hair with tight curls that hung past his ears. It was a different look for a boy but it fit his baby face well.

" Fin. Well you must have talent."I said. " Since you are our best tracker have you noticed anything unusual?"

Fin seemed anxious. He looked from me to Fausto.

"He can not speak. " Fausto grunted.

" What! Not even through mind link. " I yelled.

Fin flinced and looked at his feet.

"Only through mind link. " Ryan pinched my cheek. aggitating me more.

" Well." I walked up to Fin. " There is no room for weaklings. " He was still staring at the ground. I picked his chin up so he could face me.
" I asked you a question Young one. Have you noticed anything unusual. "

I placed my hand on his shoulder to calm him. My wolf could sense he had not yet shifted. Which meant he was but a young boy.Thirteen or so.

" I have me lady. Tis why my brother and I were in the trees..This is not our guard area. But I had to see. "
" I told him it was a bad idea. That we must stick on our perimeter assignment. " Fausto complained.

"Please forgive us princess." Fin pleaded.

I nodded. "Ryan what do you think. "

" I trust this boy's instincts .Hexton chose him to be a tracker so young. I say we see what is bothering him."