Haunted

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN HP

Tom looked at Dumbledore and scowled. "Professor, I have no idea where you came up with such accusations but it isn't true."

"Mister Riddle, I'm not accusing you of anything, I am simply asking you if you had anything to do with the disappearance of Adrianna Dorthien."

Tom sighed and leaned back into the chair, "Professor, I had nothing to do with it, I barely ever even talked to the girl."

Dumbledore sighed and shook his head. "Very well Mister Riddle, you may leave now."

Tom nodded at him and got up from his chair, giving Dumbledore one last glance before leaving.

"What do we do now?" Came a soft voice from behind Dumbledore.

"We give him time Miss Dorthien if he doesn't come clean before the end of the week, we report him."

"We ought to do that now, he killed me for Merlin's sake."

"I understand your feelings Miss Dorthien but I'm afraid we must wait."

"Fine."

XXX

Tom sent hex after hex at the tree, sweat was dripping down his face, his robes were torn and dirty and his hair a mess but of course he didn't care. She'd lied to him, the ghost had lied to him and now he was over and all because he'd let a ghost live, a fucking ghost, a fucking ghost! His eyes were a blazing red and his face was a picture of pure rage. He threw his wand aside and fell to his knees and he screamed, he screamed until he could scream no more, until it fucking hurt so much he couldn't breathe, until his eyes blurred and he seemed to lose contact with his senses, good, he thought to himself, I don't want to live anymore.

XXX

Hermione picked a book from the shelf and dropped it when she saw Adrianna's face grinning at her from the gap it left on the shelf.

"What do you think you're doing?" Hermione snapped.

"Oh sorry, I didn't know that spending time in a library was a bad thing."

"I-it's not, I'm just surprised that's all." Seeing the ghost of the girl would never cease to shock her.

"You must be but you'll be even more surprised when I tell you your boyfriend's little secret," Adrianna smirked at her.

Hermione raised an eyebrow inquisitively, "What are you talking about Adrianna?"

"Surely you know who I'm talking about?"

Hermione stood motionless, the ghost sighed and frowned.

"You're really no fun, Bellouve, I'm talking about Tom Riddle your little lover boy."

"What about him?" Hermione turned away from the ghost and sat down at a table.

Adrianna's smirk grew, she floated over to Hermione and leaned over her shoulder, Hermione shivered at being so close to her.

"He's the one that killed me."

Hermione turned around slowly and shook her head with a smile. "Liar, you told me yourself that Sivian and Avery did it, why are you all of a sudden changing your mind now?"

"Well, I thought that they were the ones that killed me until I learned the truth."

"Oh, so what is the truth, Adrianna?"

"Tom made them do it."

Hermione didn't say a word, she simply picked up her satchel and stormed out of the library. Adrianna chuckled as she watched her leave.

XXX

Tom blankly stared at Hermione as she pointed her wand at his neck, fire in her eyes.

"Answer, me Tom, did you or did you not tell Avery and Sivian to kill Adrianna.'

Tom said nothing and continued staring at her blankly.

"Answer me!" Hermione had tears in her eyes.

Tom nodded slowly at her before turning away from her and sitting in the armchair beside him.

Hermione still had her wand pointed at him, her confidence not wavering.

"Put that wand down Hermione, we both know that you're not going to hurt anyone."

"Just answer me, did you or did you not tell Avery and Sivian to kill Adrianna?"

Tom raised an eyebrow at her and gave her a soft oblivious smile.

"Merlin, you did, didn't you and, and I believed you when you told me you didn't have anything to do with it, I-I trusted you."

She put her wand down and pushed her hair out of her face with an exasperated sigh.

"Why, why would you do that? She didn't do any-"

"It doesn't matter why Hermione!" Tom finally burst jumping out of his chair.

"It doesn't fucking matter why I did anything, what matter is she told Dumbledore! He knows, he bloody knows and now there's nothing I can do! All because I trusted a moron and a ghost Hermione, a moron and a fucking ghost!"

"What do you mean Dumbledore knows? She can't have possibly told him." Hermione chuckled out of fear and disbelief, for some reason she was scared that he might get caught.

"That's what I thought, but she did."

"How can you be sure?"

"She told me she would and then a day later the old fool questioned me about her death again but this time something was different, this time I could tell he knew just by the look in his eyes. I'm done for."

"You're not," Hermione said firmly.

Tom chuckled, "I don't see how not unless you have some huge miracle plan inside that brain of yours."

Hermione smirked at him and then smiled. "Actually, I do."

XXXXX

A/N: Well this is just a filler.