Changes

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN HP

Hermione had been taking walks in the forbidden forest. Sometimes in the day and sometimes in the evening, she thought it had a certain beauty to it. The walks had become her new therapy, she preferred it to fighting dummies and creatures in the room of requirement. The depression of being in the past had finally started getting to her and the walks helped her forget. Her plans of destroying Voldemort had been put on hold for now, she realised he'd started paying attention to her and that wasn't what she wanted, she wanted to be left alone for a while to clear her thoughts and so she quickly started faking falling for him, he soon lost interest thinking that she was becoming one of his stupid fangirls. She had no intention of rushing things after all she had more than a year right?

XXX

Tom had lost interest in Bellouve, she had started falling for him, just as he thought she would. He hadn't an idea what had got him into thinking she was actually worth his time, she was a mudblood for crying out loud!

XXX

Hermione barely spoke to anyone, ever. She'd only occasionally reply to some rude remarks but other times she ignored them so apart from answering questions in class or greeting someone, she didn't talk. There was a Quidditch match that day, the first match of the year. Hermione didn't plan to go, it reminded her too much of her past.

XXX

Tom was about to walk out of the castle when he spotted Hermione walking down a corridor, the rational side of him told him to leave her be and go to the Quidditch match but the irrational part of him wanted to follow her and find out where she was going because she obviously wasn't going to the match. He listened to the irrational side of him and followed her casting a quick disillusionment charm on himself so she wouldn't see him.

Hermione had a feeling she was being watched and turned around, she saw nothing, she was heading to the room of requirement, she wasn't going to vent, she just needed somewhere calm so she could think clearly and undisturbed.

Tom was surprised that Hermione knew about the room of requirement. After all she'd only been here for a month, she looked around to see if anyone was watching and then she walked in, Tom followed her in right before the door disappeared, Tom didn't know what to expect when he walked into the room, but it was far from what he saw; one side of the room was blue with carpeted floors, it had a fireplace, two sofas and one armchair with a coffee table that had a book on it, right in front of the fire. The other side of the room was grey and all that was there was a dummy. Hermione walked over to the blue side of the room and sat down, she liked the blue and was glad it wasn't red otherwise she was sure she would be crying by now.

Hermione sighed and sat on the armchair, she stared into the flames, still having the feeling that someone was watching her, she dismissed it. She missed home, she just wanted to go back to her time where everyone was alive even if it was during the war, just as long as the people she loved were alive and well. An unexpected tear rolled down her cheek, she didn't bother to wipe it away, she just continued to stare into the flames.

The feeling of being watched was becoming overwhelmingly strong, maybe someone followed me in by using a disillusionment charm. Hermione raised her wand "Homenum revelio." She whispered

Hermione stared at Tom unsurprised and Tom stared back at her with an unreadable expression on his face. She turned away and stared into the flames again. She didn't bother with her shy, 'I'm so in love with you' mask, she'd had enough of it. "What are you doing here Tom?" She said in a cold, hard voice.