Thirteen

Jake was in the same college as me. Which made me so happy.

We even shared the same dorm! When I asked him the reason for such a big coincidence, he just shrugged and said he tweaked some things here and there in the management.

We showered and got ready for classes. After promising me that he wouldn't disappear, I let him walk to his class.

Throughout the day, I was too happy to pay any attention in class.

After a few lectures, I was just walking down a hallway when I saw Charmaine Peters, my previous roommate talking to a girl. The girl looked like she was close to tears as she looked into her phone.

I suddenly remembered that day when Charmaine mailed pictures to a girl and sent her a video. Maybe this was the same thing.

Feeling new found confidence, I walked up to Charmaine and snatched her phone out of her hands. She looked taken aback by me.

"What're you doing? Give me my phone back!" She screeched at me.

I didn't reply and walked down to the office. There was only one female teacher here who I liked. She was kind and helpful and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be too kind about this.

I went straight up to her and showed her the messages they sent that girl, blackmailing her to complete the project otherwise her pictures and the video will be all over the internet.

The teacher was fuming, to say the least. She asked if there were any other people involved and I gave her the names of the three demons - Jason Hills, Kim Wright and Lily Walter.

The four were called into the office and questioned and their phones were checked and it was found that they had the pictures and the video too.

In the next two hours itself, the four were expelled and I don't know what happened to them after that. But I found a friend in that girl. Her name was Zara Rhodes.

After I finished talking to Zara I got a phone call. It was Brooke. At least the caller ID said so.

I was hesitant to pick up. What if she hated me now?

She'd hate me more if I didn't pick up.

"Hello?"

"Claire! You won't believe what happened yesterday! Brian gave me a promise ring and-"

I was so pleasantly shocked. It was as if I didn't ignore her calls for the past three years. As if I had never even changed my number.

She went on and on about her and Brian's Valentine's day, which was yesterday and even I told her about Jake and I.

We talked for fifteen minutes before she had to go and attend a lecture.

"How did it go?" Someone whispered behind me.

I looked behind and it was Jake. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "It went well. It was so nice to talk to her after three years. I missed her so much."

"Not as much as you missed me, right?" He asked.

"No. I missed her more," I said playfully.

Jake pouted and I quickly pressed my lips to his.

"I missed you very much," I said. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him.

"I missed you more."

"I missed you the most."

"No, I missed you the most." We said at the same time.

He brushed his nose against mine and peppered kisses all over my face.

"I love you."

"I love you too," I said.

When we broke apart, I was suddenly snatched by my hand and before I could comprehend anything, a body was crushing me to them.

I looked down at the mop of long wavy brown hair. The person cried in my chest fervently, hiccuping in between.

I looked at Jake in confusion and he just had a smile on his lips. That boy smiles too much.

When the person finally let go of me, I took a good look at her.

"Vanessa?!" I said, shocked.

"Y-you asked for me to be resurrected, didn't you?" She asked, still sobbing.

"Yeah, when we were at the beach."

She smiled and cried at the same time. "I forgot to tell you that, that part of heaven is where all your wishes come true, but not for angels. Only a person in waiting would have all their wishes fulfilled there and I thought you weren't doing any good on your own so I brought you there after the last chance."

"Really? And you remember everything?"

She nodded.

"Wow. I did wish that you'd be human again, and that Jake would be saved."

"Thank you! Thank you so much."

"Okay enough with the crying now. You look like you could use some ice cream."

"Actually I could. Let's go get some ice cream. It's my treat." She said, still silently sobbing as she hugged me again.

I held Jake's hand in mine and we started walking out of the campus.

"So what're you doing here?"

"You met Vanessa in first year of college and you've been friends since." Jake filled me in.

"Really? Wow. And you've being my boyfriend since when?"

"A few weeks after Jesse killed himself."

"Hey, are you okay with dating, and apparently soon marrying a murderer?" I asked as I flashed him my ring. Vanessa squealed next to me.

"I actually am okay with it," he said, putting an arm around my shoulder and putting my worries at ease.

"That's great," I said as I put my arms around both their shoulders.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow!