The Family Decision

Tay's P.O.V.

We picked Ava up not long after leaving the mall, and then picked up Evan and Turner. We drove Turner home before heading home ourselves. The kids were talking non-stop, which I found adorable, but Jenna looked like she just wanted to be out of the car.

Once we got inside, the kids immediately ran to the living room, Evan jumping over the couch, and turned on the television. David yelled and pointed at them, and Jenna rolled her eyes with a smile. I placed him on the floor and told the twins to watch him, so Ava yelled an okay.

"I got you something," Jenna said, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"When?" I gave a confused look as I brought my hands up to her shoulders.

"At a time..."

"Little shit." I playfully pushed her, and she smiled. "You didn't go to the bathroom. You're a sneaky fuck."

Jenna laughed and I felt her place her hands in the back pockets of my jeans. "So, do you want it?"

"I dunno," I said. "Do I?"

She nodded quickly and turned me around, causing me to laugh. "Cover your eyes," she scolded. "No peeking."

Giggling, I placed my hands over my eyes. I felt something touching my neck and jumped a little before Jenna told me I could turn back around. When I did, I looked down and saw a little silver necklace with two interlocked silver hearts.

"I love it," I said, smiling up at her.

"Good," she replied. She grabbed me by the belt loops on my jeans and pulled me against her. "I love you."

"I love you more."

"Nah. You don't. I love you more."

I rolled my eyes. "Not getting into this."

"Good, I win."

I bit my lip and Jenna immediately pressed her lips to mine. Slowly, I brought my hands to the back of her head, still kissing her. I struggled to stand on my toes to kiss her, but Jenna didn't seem to notice. She should be used to my height by now.

Something about this kiss, it made my heart beat like it did the first time we kissed. Well, officially as a couple. Not going to deny that my heart was racing when I kissed her when we were kids. But this kiss brought back a memory of that morning, the day after she had stayed the night.

When she pulled away, she smiled at me. "You felt that, too, right?" she asked.

"I think I just fell in love with you all over again," I breathed out.

Jenna's face reddened. "Fuck, you did that thing to me that you always do."

"What thing?" I teased.

"The one where you make my heart feel funny. Damn you."

I smiled like an idiot and pulled her into another kiss. When we pulled away, Jenna bit her lip.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to kissing you," she said. "It always feels like the first time. Oh, hey!" I giggled at her random excitement. "The boys wanna know if the fam wants to go to Australia for Thanksgiving?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. I was pretty sure Jenna's friends hated me for making a responsible mother out of their once-party girl friend. "I've never been," I said, biting my lip. "And I don't think the kids have ever been on a plane before."

"We don't have to."

"No, no. I want to. I just...I've never been to Australia, and the kids... I don't know how they'll react. And we'll be in Sydney for about a week?"

"Just...think about it? Okay?"

I nodded. "We can ask the kids at dinner. But what about Nala--"

Jenna pressed her lips to mine. "Love, we'll talk about it later, okay?"

Jenna's P.O.V.

"Australia?" the twins chorused excitedly.

"I've always wanted to go!" Ava yelled.

"What's it like?" Evan yelled. "I've met your family and everything, but I've never been there! And I've always wanted to go to Sydney!"

I gave Tay a small smile as she looked at me a little unsteadily.

"You aren't worried about the flights?" she asked.

"Flights?" Evan asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"As in, more than one?" Ava asked.

"Two flights both ways," I said. "It's not that bad, really. From here we fly to California, then we board a plane to Sydney."

The kids sat back in their seats a little as David made a grab for the air, yelling excitedly. Tay gave a sympathetic smile and set her hand on Ava's.

"Come on," she said. "We can experience it together, you guys. I've never been to Sydney either." Then she looked at me. "It wouldn't inconvenience your mom, would it?" I giggled a little. I always thought it sounded cute when she said 'mom.'

"My mum would be beyond excited that we visited," I said, smiling at Evan. "Come on, Van. It doesn't really seem that bad, does it?"

The twins exchanged glances. "I guess it's not all that bad of an idea," Evan said slowly. "Besides, I think it'll be fun to hang with everyone in Australia."

"So..." I prodded.

"We're going to Australia for Thanksgiving," Ava said with a grin.

-----/-----

Sunday nights always meant Tay and I stayed up a little late for American football while the kids say in their room playing video games and David slept in his crib. The baby monitor sat on the arm of the couch by Tay, just in case he woke up.

I found Tay's enjoyment in American football beyond adorable. She yelled orders at the players as though they could hear her, and she threw herself across my lap on a 'fumble.' Needless to say, it was adorable.

Nala, on the other hand, barked when Tay would yell. Once my wife finally calmed down, Nala fell asleep beside the couch. Her eyes were closed, and I could tell that she was done with our shit. It was past Nala's bedtime for God's sake. Us humans should get our shit together.

"So how do you feel about the whole Australia thing?" I asked as Tay and I readied for bed.

She gave a slight, cute shrug and slid off her jeans. "I really want to go," she said. She took off her shirt and, instead, grabbed one of my t-shirts.

"Do you really?"

Tay shrugged again. "I've always wanted to go, I just don't know how I'll deal with the flight. Plus, the kids will miss a day or two of school, and I'll miss a couple days of work. And Davy...what are we going to do with him? He barely can handle the car. How's he going to handle all those strangers?" She pulled her hair out of its messy bun and ran her fingers through it. "I don't know, Jen. It'll be good for us to go, though."

I gave a slight nod and changed as well, deciding to just sleep in shorts and a tank top. We climbed into bed and I turned the lamp off before wrapping my arm around Tay's body.

"I really, really love you, Tay," I whispered, kissing her neck.

"I really, really love you, too, Jen," she replied.

"I'm glad that I get to call you my wife."

"Whoa, same."

We both laughed and I reached over her, intertwining our fingers. "Goodnight, beautiful," I whispered.

"Don't say goodnight to yourself. People will think you're crazy."

Although Tay couldn't see it, I rolled my eyes.