The Sleepover

Tay's P.O.V.

Evan came home a little late with Turner and another boy, Ava following close behind. Jenna and I had picked David up from the daycare hours before, so he was (supposed to be) asleep upstairs.

"Where are you going?" I asked as they started upstairs.

"To our room," Evan said.

"Who's the boy?" Jenna asked.

"Ava."

She nearly punched her brother.

"Uh, I'm Lucas Walters," the boy said, walking over to us. He held his hand out awkwardly and Jenna looked him over.

"How old are you?" she asked.

The boy nervously looked back at the other three, the boys shrugging while Ava gave Jenna a look of absolute disbelief.

"Uh, I'm fifteen and a half," Lucas answered.

I looked him over as well. Although Jenna and I had never met him before, Riley, Ava, and their old friend Kelly used to always talk about him. He had spiked, brown hair, blue eyes, and a nervous smile. He was wearing a Blink-182 shirt (which made me fall in love with the boy's music taste) and black Converse underneath a pair of skinny jeans.

"Why are you here?" Jenna asked. I'm sure she didn't mean for it to sound rude, but if looks could kill, Ava would be wanted for murder.

"Um, I'm hanging out with Evan and Turner," he said and quickly added, "If that's okay."

"It's fine," I said as Jenna started to speak.

Lucas gave a small smile. "Well, it was a pleasure to meet you. I've heard a lot about you two."

"You, too."

He gave a slight nod and walked back with the others upstairs.

"Your brother's asleep!" Jenna called after them.

Around six o'clock, I walked upstairs to ask the kids if Lucas was staying for dinner. He said yes, so Jenna and I set to cooking a meal to feed four hungry teenagers. After they ate, Turner and Evan convinced Jenna to let him stay the night, but I knew that if they'd asked about Lucas, nothing would have changed her mind from "There's no way in Hell."

The kids were upstairs watching movies as Jenna and I cuddled on the couch in the living room, watching TV. It had gone a little quiet upstairs, since they had been fairly loud with their video games and music, so I decided to go check on them.

Let me just say that the kids are lucky I went up there and Jenna didn't because she'd probably be in big trouble with the police for killing a minor.

All four had fallen asleep. Turner was on Evan's bed with a slice of pizza on his chest (very classy, Turner), Evan was on the floor, and Ava and Lucas were asleep in her bed. They were snuggled up against each other on top of the blankets, not moving a muscle.

Very slowly, I turned the lights off in the room and backed out, closing the door.

Jenna tilted her head at me when I got back downstairs.

"Where's the boy?" she asked.

I thought about what Ava would probably do if Jenna kicked out her boyfriend. "He went home while we were watching TV, I lied. "Everyone else is asleep upstairs in the twins' room."

She nodded and quickly pecked me on the lips. "I really love you," she said quietly, brushing some of my hair behind my ear.

"I really love you, too."

We smiled and kissed again.

Jenna's P.O.V.

"Happy Sunday," Tay said, smacking my butt as I walked past her into the kitchen. I wheeled around and smirked at her before grabbing her hips roughly and kissing her.

I lifted her up onto the counter as we kissed and then heard Ava yell "Gross!" at the top of her lungs. We pulled away to see Ava, Evan, and Turner standing there. Our kids had disgusted looks on their faces while Turner just smirked.

"Can I go to church now?" Ava asked, fixing her knee-length black skirt.

"Right after they drop Turner and I off at Max's house," Evan said.

"You should consider learning about God, Ev. He could teach you a few things."

"Don't believe in it. Never will."

The thing was, when the kids were growing up, Tay and I decided that they would make their own decisions in religion and music. School work was a priority that we always stayed on top of them with, but we let them make the majority of their own decisions. Evan was atheist, and hated sports that weren't baseball. Ava was Christian, went to church every Sunday, and loved to watch just about every single sport on TV and go to sports games. If they wanted to get involved in school activities, they could. They wanted to learn an instrument, we weren't going to stop them. We gave a lot of freedoms.

"Anyways," Ava said, looking at Tay and I, "can we go soon? The sermon's about to start."

"Yeah, of course," I said.

Tay hopped off the counter to go get David while I told the kids to go get in the car. Ava ended up having to sit on Turner's lap so David could be in his car seat, and you could tell that they were both completely uncomfortable with the seating arrangement.

Ava quickly climbed out when we dropped her off, and we told her we'd be back at one. She replied with an okay and I drove to Evans's friend Max's house.

We dropped the boys off and then drove to the mall. Tay wanted to look around at some stores, maybe buy some new clothes for David since he was growing out of the majority of his clothing.

Tay got out his stroller from the trunk and put him in it, me pushing him through the parking lot to the entrance.

After looking around for a little bit, I saw a jewelry store. To be exact, the one I got Tay's engagement ring from. I felt like buying her something, so I excused myself to the bathroom.

"Okay," Tay said. "I'll be over there shopping for Davy."

"K." As she walked away, I made sure she couldn't see me and quickly ran over to the little jewelry shop

A/N

Okay you little shits. I am so fucking happy right now--like squealing to the max--because people have been recommending/generally discussing Holding Hands and this story!! Whoever you are, I love you so much. Like you are the reason I'm still writing on Wattpad. The things you've said are my greatest inspirations for writing, and I love you for that.

Much love <3