I looked up from my phone and realized that Coach had already left. It was once again only Alex and me now.

"I'm not a fan of getting drunk high off my ass like you, Alex."

He grinned at that. "Oh, don't worry about it. I will not let you get drunk high of your ass."

•••••

I got drunk. Way bad.

Way high off my ass.

What else was I supposed to do at that incredibly boring party? Wait around for Caden to show up and tell me the exact reason behind that text message of his?

Alex was chill with the idea of me drinking one of those nice looking vodka shots. And when he was all okay about something, it strangely didn't bother me as well.

Alex was going to be there beside me all night anyway. There was no need to worry.

It wasn't like I hadn't ever been curious. How those shots tasted like, I mean. As much as I knew, I've always heard people describe it as having a burning taste. I never got to know it though.

Until now.

For God's sake, I was nearly eighteen! I needed a burning taste in my life.

That's exactly what had motivated me. Just one shot, not much. And guess what? I ended up drinking approximately seven of them.

"You should stop, Sky." Alex gave me a funny look before snatching the small glass from my hand.

The place we were in was way too loud, and my surroundings were starting to get a bit blurry. I was probably just tipsy, maybe because this was my first time, or maybe it had something to do with those very strong vodka shots.

"Hey, give it back!" I made a pathetic attempt to get it back, only to slump down against the counter. "Give it back, Alex."

He placed the glass away and gripped my arms, making sure that I didn't fall down from the barstool.

"Look, Sky." He was drunk too, but much less than me. "My moral conscience's been telling me that I shouldn't have peer pressured you into getting drunk."

A laugh bubbled out of me. "Too late, bitch."

"Okay?" He frowned. "But I still don't wanna get busted by your parents."

I would get so bloody busted too, I realised, if my parents were to see this state of mine.

But alas, they weren't here.

"Do you throw up just after drinking alcohol?" I asked him, scrunching up my nose a bit as my words slurred. My head was on a rollercoaster, I swear.

"I don't know?" He asked, looking at me. "But you look like you might pass out."

Alex was right. As I blinked and looked around the numerous people, my head swam and it did feel like I might pass out. Or worse, throw up.

There were a lot of people here, almost crowding the place, mostly from our school. I guess I had been too busy getting drunk that I hadn't even noticed someone familiar standing in one corner.