"this early?? It's just 2pm" Mona said

"Half day, Luca wants a meal from his wife today" Catherine's cheesy tone didn't go unnoticed

"Seriously A, and you didn't tell me about this"

"It isn't a big deal" I defended shrugging nonchalantly

"Of course it is, seeing as cooking isn't really your strength" she replied making Catherine chuckle

"We know, captain obvious" rolling my eyes at her with a pout on my lip

"You should get started, Mr Savedra would be home anytime soon. I've left instructions and everything has been set up for you."

"Thank you so much Catherine"

"Alright child, make it good." she said before making her way out.

"Let's begin" I announced pulling Monica with me as I moved to the kitchen.

"I remember Catherine saying Luca wanted only you cooking the meal" she complained.

Walking into the kitchen, I stared at the foodstuffs laid out already for me, with a note placed on the table. Two maids were seated waiting to assist me as the cooking progressed.

"Italian Chicken Soup with orzo" holding the piece of paper, I read aloud.

"Catherine did you good, it's real easy to cook" Mona said. taking the paper from me, she quickly went through the steps before handing it back to me.

"Let's get cooking" I said to the maids.

"Luca trusts you a lot. With all the pain he has caused I'm surprised he let you cook him a meal" Mona begun

"explain" I stated while adding onion to the heating oil in the stock pot

"You know, he isn't afraid of being poisoned" she explained before chuckling

"Hmmm"

"why aren't you laughing?? You didn't get the joke??"

"nah I did... I'm just in the middle of cooking right now" I explained as I sauté the carrots, celery and garlic I had just added

Monica's words had really gotten to me, Luca trusts me. He trusts me enough to let me cook him a meal without supervision from the guards.

He trusts me to know I wouldn't attempt poisoning him even when he knew I could easily send away these maids and temper with the meal.

Forty-five minutes into cooking and the meal was done. It was 3:02pm by the time everything was set. Monica had announced her departure and so did the maids as their help was no longer needed.

"Bye, see you soon" I waved at Mona as she walked out the front door

"try not to poison Luca with your cooking" she teased before blowing me a kiss

"Ya, sure" shutting the door behind her, I hurried to the bedroom

Rampaging through my stuff, I searched for anything that could cause harm. Something that could be improvised as a poisonous substance.

Hurrying over to the dressing table my hand went to the bottle of makeup finishing spray. This had to do the trick.
Grabbing the bottle, I rushed my way down the stairs and to the kitchen. Immediately locking the door behind me, I moved to the pot of the chicken soup which was still warm.
Opening up the bottle of finishing spray, I emptied its content into the food. It was quite noticeable but nothing a good mixing couldn't solve. Few minutes of continuous mixing and the soup went back to looking normal. Everything was perfectly set.

Exiting the kitchen, I headed back to the bedroom for a quick shower and a change of cloths.

"Il mio" Luca said walking into the room few seconds after my bath.

"Ive missed you" bending to meet my lying figure on the bed, he placed a kiss on my lips.

"So dinner's ready right, the aroma already gave it away"

"Ya it is. Eat first or shower??"

"Bring it to the room while I quickly shower" he said walking to the closet.

Descending the stairs, I was welcomed by the sight of two guards probably on duty. At the kitchen, I dished the meal out and placed everything carefully on the tray before going back up the stairs. True to his words, by the time I had gotten to the room, he was done with his quick shower.

"It looks delicious Aimee" he complimented

"Thank you, it was Catherine's choice"

"Wouldn't you join me??" he asked picking up the spoon

"nah, sorry I'll have to pass. Not much of an appetite" I lied effortlessly

Dipping the spoon into the plate full of soup, he took a spoonful of the meal making anticipation flare through me as I sat on the bed watching him.

His hand stopped mid air before his eyes fixed on me.
"I have something to show you"

"Can't it wait till you're done eating?? I uhm- your soup would get cold"

"Comon, it wouldn't take long" he said rising from where he sat.

Luca walked before me leading the way as I followed quietly behind him. Opening the door to kitchen, he walked in and stood by the door.

"What's this about Luca?? I've been in the kitchen all day" my voice sounded so confident much to my dismay

"Look here, tell me what do you see??" he pointed at the edge of the ceiling

"Uhm.. Pattern?? Designs??? Is that why you brought me here?? To show me the patterns on the ceiling??"

"Calm down and look closely tesoro"

Luca pulled me further into the kitchen to help me get a better view of whatever he wanted me to see. Seconds later, I saw it. I caught sight of what was so important to make him leave his dinner.

My lips parted and I became loss of words as I kept staring at that particular spot on the ceiling. Unable to tear my eyes off it, unable to speak to Luca.

"Avevo cominciato a preoccuparmi che avevi gli occhi cattivi"
(I had begun to worry you had bad eyes) he whispered in my ears.

"Cameras, they're everywhere in the house. Nothing gets past me with my knowledge" his hands circled round my waist, turning me to look at him.

I couldn't read the emotions on his face yet different emotions danced through it. I had expected him to raise his voice or hit me but he did neither. Just stared at me blankly.

"You tried to Poison me Aimee"

"I-I - Its- I---" my lips babbled meaninglessly

"Shhhh" he cooed, his finger coming up to caress my cheek. This made my body tremble in fear. What had I done to myself.

"I understand" tilting his head to the side, my husband's lips met mine in a slow brief kiss. No emotions were conveyed in the kiss. It was as cold and empty as his heart.

Breaking away from me, he walked back to the door of the kitchen and unlocked it.

"Take her" he instructed

The two guards from before moved into the kitchen where I stood rooted in place. Cuffing my hands behind me, they dragged me away as Luca stood staring intently at me.